25-20 Brass

• Last Post 12 hours ago
Aaron posted this 2 weeks ago

The good news is that MidwayUSA has 25-20 brass available. The bad news is that it is EXPENSIVE. $120.00 plus shipping and tax for 50 pieces. And yes, one must buy the loaded ammunition to source the brass.

I sure wish Starline would make this.

With rifle in hand, I confidently go forth into the darkness.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
beemer posted this 1 weeks ago

If Winchester is selling loaded ammo for that price I don't think we will see any brass for the hand loader. Last ammo I saw was 8-9 years ago it was $85 a box, with the new economy $120 is about right. Don't believe I gave that much for a Savage 23 with a scope and a double handful of brass, of course that was 25 years ago.

Attached Files

Eddie Southgate posted this 16 hours ago

I got two boxes about three years ago from my local dealer for $45.00 per box marked down from their regular price of $65.00 . Don't normally buy ammo especially expensive ammo but , everybody was out of brass. and had been for a good while. Going price on brass then was $15.00 per 100 when you could find it. 

Star Line won't make it .

Grumpy Old Man With A Gun......Do Not Touch .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Bud Hyett posted this 12 hours ago

This is a hard case to form for some reason and I do not understand why. We talked with Starline's production metallurgist who said they lose too many in setup for too few orders. My latest .25-20 WCF brass was made from once-fired .32-20 Starline brass. 

The steps were: 

• Clean with steel pins to assure being clean.
  • Anneal.
  • Lube with Imperial Sizing Die Wax.
  • Size in seating die with the seating stem removed. 
  • Relubricate with Imperial Sizing Die Wax. 
  • Size about one-third down in Sizing die.
  • Size another one-third down in Sizing die.
  • Size the final one-third down in Sizing die.
  • Clean again to remove the sizing die wax.
  • Trim.

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • John Alexander
Close