Alfa Proj (aka Czechpoint) .32 S&W Long Revolver

• Last Post 13 November 2016
David Reiss posted this 04 November 2016

I am preparing an issue for the Jan/Feb issue of The Fouling Shot about the Alfa Pro .32 S&W Long revolver. Anyone who owns or owned one, please let me know your thoughts and experiences. If applicable I might include it in the article. 

It is not a very well known revolver. For those whom have never heard of it, it is made in the Czech Republic and imported only by Czechpoint (who are better known for their semi-auto rifles). They are much better in person than any online photo may suggest. 

I am not interested in your experiences with the .32 S&W Long cartridge, just the revolver,  that is for another post, please. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
mckg posted this 06 November 2016

I briefly tried one in 22 (steel, 9 shots). Nice gun with a sweet SA but very heavy DA (Spring kits used to be available here in Canada to solve that problem). I think the hammer spring is just too short by design.

I was at the time trying to get one in .357, but changed my mind due to the DA and the fact that the manual's exploded view didn't show threads on the barrel (pressed!?).

If you could clarify the barrel's way of attachment to the frame I might change again my mind as I will mostly shoot 38+P's with it.

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 10 November 2016

Only the .22 models have a pressed barrel. The centerfires all have a unique barrel nut on the throat end of the barrel inside the cylinder frame. However all the .22 owners I have talked to said their accuracy was exceptional. I won't go any further wanting to save it for the article.

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

mckg posted this 13 November 2016

Thanks chefreiss!

Attached Files

Close