SAECO 061 6mm x 100 grain Mould

• Last Post 21 April 2022
fc60 posted this 20 April 2022

Greetings,

I have an old SAECO #061 6mm mould that drops bullets at 94 grains with LinoType.

Does anyone else have this mould?

I cannot find any information on the Internet.

The bullet resembles a scaled down version of the SAECO RG4/Redding 301 bullet.

It is much different in shape from the current SAECO/Redding #243 design.

Recent testing offered one inch groups at 100 yards in my 6mm Remington with 19.5 grains of Reloader 7.

Cheers,

Dave

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Bud Hyett posted this 20 April 2022

I have the current SAECO #243 nominal 85 grain that throws at 93 grains with gascheck and lube. This bullet is shot in several rifles and shoots within two minutes of angle. I also have the RCBS 243-095-SP mold that shoots as well.

Coincidentally, the Reloder #7 19.5 grain load is my best load for the 6mm Remington with the RCBS bullet. My experimentation shows the 6mm bullets of all types shoot better at 1800 fps+. 

I also had an "experimental" SAECO mold that I bought at the Pomona Gun Show that throws 107 grains. I traded this mold to Jesse Miller since he had several 6mm barrels with faster twist. He had the best luck with his 6X45. I had no luck with this bullet with 1 in 9" and 1 in 10" twist barrels. 

The SAECO molds shoot well for Jesse Miller in both 6mm and 7mm. He preferred SAECO molds. My experience showed the RCBS mold shot better for me. I have a 85 grain Eagan mold that I just discovered that I want to experiment with. 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

Shopdog posted this 21 April 2022

My SAECO 85g is an absolute dream bullet in a old'ish factory brrl R700V 6mm.

I won't print what groups it shoots with starting JB loads of IMR4831. Don't want to be upsetting the ole applecart,and all. It's the rig I pull out when some big mouth starts flapping their gums about "cast".

Just got a new 6.5 SAECO 140 and it's..... not gonna say disappointed but,it isn't as nice as the 6mm. Good luck with your project.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Close