SAECO 061 6mm x 100 grain Mould

• Last Post 21 April 2022
fc60 posted this 20 April 2022

Greetings,

I have an old SAECO #061 6mm mould that drops bullets at 94 grains with LinoType.

Does anyone else have this mould?

I cannot find any information on the Internet.

The bullet resembles a scaled down version of the SAECO RG4/Redding 301 bullet.

It is much different in shape from the current SAECO/Redding #243 design.

Recent testing offered one inch groups at 100 yards in my 6mm Remington with 19.5 grains of Reloader 7.

Cheers,

Dave

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Shopdog posted this 21 April 2022

My SAECO 85g is an absolute dream bullet in a old'ish factory brrl R700V 6mm.

I won't print what groups it shoots with starting JB loads of IMR4831. Don't want to be upsetting the ole applecart,and all. It's the rig I pull out when some big mouth starts flapping their gums about "cast".

Just got a new 6.5 SAECO 140 and it's..... not gonna say disappointed but,it isn't as nice as the 6mm. Good luck with your project.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Bud Hyett posted this 20 April 2022

I have the current SAECO #243 nominal 85 grain that throws at 93 grains with gascheck and lube. This bullet is shot in several rifles and shoots within two minutes of angle. I also have the RCBS 243-095-SP mold that shoots as well.

Coincidentally, the Reloder #7 19.5 grain load is my best load for the 6mm Remington with the RCBS bullet. My experimentation shows the 6mm bullets of all types shoot better at 1800 fps+. 

I also had an "experimental" SAECO mold that I bought at the Pomona Gun Show that throws 107 grains. I traded this mold to Jesse Miller since he had several 6mm barrels with faster twist. He had the best luck with his 6X45. I had no luck with this bullet with 1 in 9" and 1 in 10" twist barrels. 

The SAECO molds shoot well for Jesse Miller in both 6mm and 7mm. He preferred SAECO molds. My experience showed the RCBS mold shot better for me. I have a 85 grain Eagan mold that I just discovered that I want to experiment with. 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

Close