NOE Bullet Mould

• Last Post 21 October 2021
  • Topic Is Solved
alco posted this 21 October 2021

How do you attach a Lee mould handle to a NOE mould.  It seems that the pins in the mould are not loose.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Duane Mellenbruch posted this 21 October 2021

Are you asking about the mold handles for the Lee 1 and 2 cavity molds?  Those are not intended to be removed, but stay with the mold.

If you are asking about the larger and longer mold handles used on the 6 cavity Lee molds, that is a different  situation.

Attached Files

Boschloper posted this 21 October 2021

The pins in Lee one and two cavity molds are in blind holes. You can remove them by drilling a hole down from the top and driving the pins out. I have done several with a drill press, its not hard to do, you just have to get the location right. 

Attached Files

And then there is the issue of the blade of the handle being a sloppy fit in the slot of the bullet mold.  While it can be done, it is generally not the best solution.  Also there are two styles of Lee 1/2 cavity mold blocks. 

Still wondering which style of handles you are talking about.

Attached Files

I have a new NOE mould. He suggested the Lee 6 cavity mould handles for his mould.  It appears that the NOE  pins are permanently attached.  How do I remove the NOE pins to attach the Handle.

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 21 October 2021

They have 1/8" hex screws on the bottom. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

Negatory.   My mould the pins do NOT go all the way thru.

Attached Files

Pictures? You say "pins" and most molds other than the 1-2 cav Lee blocks are held on by "screws". Most fasteners do not go all the way through. 

Attached Files

Rich/WIS posted this 21 October 2021

Use Lee 6  cavity handles on NOE 5 cavity molds and don't understand the OP's problem.

Attached Files

David you are absolutely right , my friend.  The 1/8  hex  wrench works great as they screwed right out.  When I shined a light on the aluminum mould it slightly blinded me.   I was finally able to see the threads in the mould.  Sometime you can't see the forest for the trees !!!

Thanks everyone for your help.........

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • TRKakaCatWhisperer
Close