Looking for some ideas on molds for .348 win. Finding one seems to have the same success rate of hens teeth!
New from the wheat fields of Washington
- 291 Views
- Last Post 5 days ago
Welcome, from Yakima.
Both NOE and Accurate make moulds for 348 Winchester, and Buffalo arms carries them in Sand Point, ID.
Ric in Yakima
You might also check the RCBS website for their version. They’ve had a lot of things in stock lately. I have one and it makes my M71 cheap and pleasant to shoot. Though I’d love to have a .348 mold without a gas check shank. Old from the Palouse in Eastern WA
I checked with rcbs and lyman. Both are discontinued, I'll check the other places. Thanks!
you might measure ( slug ) the throat in your 348 ...
likely it is 0.350-0.352 ...
wouldn't be too radical to size down a 38 lead bullet ... might even find a 0.355 as cast .
sounds as tho you have a fun rig there.
Accurate Molds has plenty of designs including replicas of the old Lyman designs. I use their 35-220B
- All Categories
- General Polls
- Contact Us w/ Forum Issues
- Welcome to The Cast Bullet Association Forum
- Bullet Casting
Guns and Shooting
- AR Platform
- TC Contenders & Other Single Shot Handguns
- Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events
- Gunsmithing Tips
- Gun Cleaning & Maintenance
- Benchrest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Military Bench Rest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Silhouette Shooting
- Postal Match Cast Bullet Shooting
- Factory Guns
- Black Powder Cartridge
- Hand Guns
- Lever Guns
- Single Shot Rifles
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Military Surplus Rifles
- Plinkers Hollow
- Buy, Sell or Trade
- Other Information & Reference