FS 269 cover

• Last Post 03 February 2021
JeffinNZ posted this 28 January 2021

Ed, you handsome young thing you!

Fantastic photo of some wonderful contributors to our association and sport.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Maven
  • James Nicholson
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ed Harris posted this 29 January 2021

Yeah. That was in the days when I was letting my hair grow long to resemble a civilian instead of a bowling ball. I know resemble the Col.Goodyear blimp

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 29 January 2021

ED, we all put on a "couple" of pounds in 40 years!

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Urny posted this 29 January 2021

Have not received mine yet, but think I look forward to this cover.

Attached Files

Eutectic posted this 29 January 2021

Good looking guy with a fine camera. Nice choice of companions Ed, all good to ride the range with. 

If we could only go back to what we used to look like then,. If we only could do what was so easy 20 years ago.

Steve

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Dale53 posted this 29 January 2021

" If we only could do what was so easy 20 years ago." 

Me, I am just happy that I did it when I could! So many of my friends, talked but didn't act until it was too late. Thankfully, that did NOT happen to me. I think you can look at those fellows on the cover and agree that they "Did it when they could"! They showed us the path!

FWIW

Dale53

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
  • Maven
Bud Hyett posted this 29 January 2021

I know resemble the Col. Goodyear blimp - People who tell you to get in shape forget that "round" is a shape.

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

Wineman posted this 01 February 2021

Ed,

What was the camera and lens you have? Nikon F or F2 with a small zoom?

Dave

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 01 February 2021

At that time I had three Nikons. an FM, an F and an F2. Lens is probably a 55m Micro-Nikor, although I also had a small zoom, a 43-86mm IIRC and a 200 medical Nikor with ring flash.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Eutectic posted this 02 February 2021

So what are you using now?

Back then I decided on a Minolta outfit an SR7 and a 201 with a 24, Macro 55 and a 135. After drowning several cameras in Vietnam, I bought a NIkonos which survived the worst the monsoons had to offer.

I still use the Minolta lenses now with a Panasonic Lumix GF3 body. The Lumix has a large sensor and gives excellent pictures with the Macro lens. The pictures in the FS articles are mostly with this rig.

Steve..

Attached Files

Wineman posted this 02 February 2021

I worked for New England Divers in West Los Angeles in the mid 70's. We sold the Nikonos diver friendly camera and lexan boxes for other brands. My first SLR was a Pentax ME Super from the early 80's. Got it at one of the NYC camera shops mail order. My buddy had an earlier Honeywell Pentax with the threaded lenses. I still have the ME-Super but have not used it in years. It was a nice AP setup with manual backup. the 50 mm lens was awesome. I added a 2x converter, a inexpensive 80-250 mm zoom and a nice macro lens. My daughter has a cool Sony DSLR E-Mount mirror-less and I have inherited her 4 MP Cannon point and shoot. Held steady it shoots amazing pictures. My other daughter inherited her Cannon DSLR EOS which while a great camera it is massive beast. Nine times out of 10 my iphone is just fine. It is getting the pictures out for viewing that is the issue these days, but I guess a packet of pictures and negatives or Kodachrome slides in a box is the same as a memory card...

Dave

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 02 February 2021

....   the final bit of humble-pie is when i found out the easiest way to send someone an old film print is to text a snap of it with my scary smart phone ...  

" way too much co-munnicatin' going on " ...

ken

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 02 February 2021

Wineman,

Don't trust that old box of Kodachrome slides to be the same as a memory card.  I waited too long to get some converted to digital and many had deteriorated -- mostly darkened -- some beyond use.

John 

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • M3 Mitch
Ed Harris posted this 02 February 2021

So what are you using now?...

Steve..

These days a Panasonic DMC-TS4 (now discontinued) which is pocket-sized, rubber armored, waterproof and shockproof, with Leica Vario-Elmar Power OIS zoom/28mm wide angle lens. My recent Fouling Shot covers and macro stuff all taken with this automated "click-bang". 

About the time I was retiring from the County (2010) they replaced our Nikon digital cameras which these which could be linked with the onboard Trimble GPS in the work truck and interfaced with the ArcView GIS software used for storm damage assessment, and the geo-tagged photos uploaded via radio data link into our WebEOC incident management software. 

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Wineman posted this 03 February 2021

John,

Yes you are right. I tried in vain to convert a huge amount of 8 and Super 8 movies to tape years ago. The down side was that I tried to make film into VHS oops! This is where you pay the professionals (at Costco India?) to do it

Dave

Attached Files

Close