.348 Winchester

• Last Post 28 June 2021
Alstep posted this 19 January 2021

I just picked up a nice Model 71, and would like your advise in casting & loading for it.

I'm also looking to purchase a mold or two, so if anyone has one they're not using and would part with it, please let me know.

Thanks for your response.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
admiral posted this 19 January 2021

I have four M71's, both Brownings and Winchesters. The Brownings have no throat, the rifling starts immediately in front of the case neck. The Winchesters can accept a small forward full diameter driving band on the bullet design. Accurate molds has a number of designs for the .348 WCF. I use the 35-220B for almost all my shooting. They also have a version of the old Lyman 250 gr. bullet in the line up. I like RL-15 in the .348 with cast. My go to cast load is 41.0 gr of RL-15 and a 220gr. bullet for right around 2100 fps. I've played with 6 different M71's both originals and repro's and they all accepted .353" - .354" diameter cast bullets. The M71 is what I cut my teeth on as far as loading cast bullets in rifle cartridges. I had many failures early on.

Attached Files

rjmelehan posted this 21 January 2021

I just picked up a nice Model 71, and would like your advise in casting & loading for it.

I'm also looking to purchase a mold or two, so if anyone has one they're not using and would part with it, please let me know.

Thanks for your response.

I have new winchester Brass and a few other items for the 348.

PM me if interested, thx

Bob

r j m e l e h a n (at) aol

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Alstep posted this 22 January 2021

Bob, 

Interested in your brass & 348 items.  Sent you a PM.

Al

Attached Files

rjmelehan posted this 26 June 2021

Al,

Been gone from this web site since reformatted.

I don't remember seeing any emails.

Might have gone the way of spam

Bob

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 28 June 2021

FWIW, Starline .348 brass is back in stock at Starline and at Buffalo Arms.

Attached Files

Close