311008 For .32 H&R Mag

• Last Post 31 December 2020
Boschloper posted this 28 December 2020

I'm thinking about getting a 311008 for my .32 H&R Mag. Single Six. I have been using a 313249 and it is working well, but I would like to try a little more weight and a flat point. I would also try it in.30-30 and .30-06.

Does anyone have experience with 3111008 in the .32 Mag?

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 28 December 2020

I have lots of experience with it. First it is not "a little" heavier, but 36% heavier. Your velocity will be down about 25% if a flat trajectory matters. There is no crimp groove, so you have to deep seat and crimp over the shoulder. IMHO, the best bullet for the SS is the RCBS 98 grain SWC. It has more weight, but it is in the nose and doesn't decrease case volume and shoots well in most Ruger SS. FWIW

p.s. One of my shooting friends used the RCBS with 4 grains of Bullseye in the 30/30 for magpies and sage rats.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
  • John F.
TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 30 December 2020

sage rat?

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 30 December 2020

They are also referred to as “picket pins” and “mini dogs”

One female and her offspring for one season will eat the roots of one acre of alfalfa. If you are a safe shooter, you are welcome to kill all you can.

Physical Characteristics 

These small mammals have stout bodies with short, dense fur, sporting surprisingly beautiful colorations. Its head and back are brown, black, and grey with subtle white speckling throughout, its eyes ringed with a line of pale buff. The underside is a dark cinnamon hue and its slightly bushy tail is black. Columbian Ground Squirrels range in length from 11-15 inches, 3- 4 1/2 inches of that length being tail. It is hard to characterize these animals by weight due to significant seasonal variations, but can range anywhere from 12 to 28 ounces. Listen for the bird-like chirps and squeaks of the Columbian Ground Squirrel as they warn each other of potential dangers, search for mates, and defend their territories.

Habitat and Food Sources  

The Columbian Ground Squirrel can be found in western Montana, northern Idaho, eastern Oregon, eastern Washington as well as in certain areas of British Columbia and Alberta. Despite this moderate range, Columbian Ground Squirrels live in a wide variety of habitat types, from alpine and sub-alpine meadows to arid grasslands. They feed on flowers, seeds, fruits, bulbs, insects, eggs, carrion, and small vertebrates.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Ken Campbell Iowa
  • John F.
Dale53 posted this 31 December 2020

RicinYakima;

Ric, I fully agree with your choice of the RCBS 98 gr. SWC in the .32 H&R Magnum. I have the NOE version (RCBS only makes a two cavity mold) and it shoots extremely well and works well on small game.

Another bullet I have used extensively is the Grooup Buy (from the Cast Boolit Forum) 100 gr. Keith. Either will do all that you need in the .32 H&R.

FWIW

Dale53

Attached Files

Close