22 CAST BULLET STUFF

• Last Post 21 October 2017
joeb33050 posted this 19 October 2017

I've given up on 22 cast bullets. Rather than sell or throw away the 22 stuff, how about I give it to the CBA, and send it to a CBA member who wants to try 22 cast bullets?

Molds, sizer, bullets, etc.

Anyone?

joe b. 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
GP Idaho posted this 19 October 2017

Joe; As you know I've also been working off and on with the 22s and you've helped me out with this.  Sooooo, Please put me second on the list to another member that wants to give it a whirl.  If no takers I'd put it to good use. Gp

Attached Files

Bruno posted this 19 October 2017

Having trouble with reply to Joe;  if you can, put me in line for a Lyman 225462 mould, have been lookiing

for one a long time; a good accurate boolet, but the mould is scarce.  Thank you,

George Baumann

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 19 October 2017

GP, send your address to [email protected], I'll send the stuff in a week or so. This is a loan, when you're done, pass the molds etc. on to the next frustrateeyell.

George, this mold is available from NOE-and I've got some bullets-no mold. send your address, I'll send bullets.

joe b.

Joe; As you know I've also been working off and on with the 22s and you've helped me out with this.  Sooooo, Please put me second on the list to another member that wants to give it a whirl.  If no takers I'd put it to good use. Gp

Attached Files

GP Idaho posted this 19 October 2017

Thank you Joe. A loan it is and will pass along what others need. Mostly the Moulds that are of interest My sizing system is NOE and what I do lube and size is done in a Saeco  so no need of lyman size dies. Will send you shipping cost when we see how much.  Thanks again Gp

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 20 October 2017

I no longer fool with .22 cast bullets, but have a small sample-size baggie of some 58-grain GC .226" diameter gas-checked bullets which somebody gave me.  GP, if you would like them they are yours.  Maybe 50 or so...

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

OU812 posted this 20 October 2017

Lots of foolish 22 caliber bullet designs out there. 

Attached Files

GP Idaho posted this 20 October 2017

Ed;   Sure, I'll give them a ride.  Just picked up a new AR. I needed a lower for my Blackout and this also gives me a 5.56 upper to play with for cast.  60gr. Saeco clone from NOE is where I'm going to start.  Thanks Gp

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 20 October 2017

Oddly enough, my first cast bullet experience was with my Ruger M77 22-250 light barrel rifle.  Like a bumblebee that does not know it can't fly, and flies anyway, I didn't know that this should be hard to make work, so I loaded up the Lyman flat point .22 bullet with a gas check, light load of 700-X, and it shot fine.  I did not know much at that point, about 1980, but lucked into a big enough bullet that fit the chamber throat, and did not get carried away trying to go for high velocity at first.

Attached Files

longhunter posted this 20 October 2017

Looks like i'm a little slow getting on here so if you have anything left. I  would buy it.

Trying to get a .22 Hornet to shoot.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Welda CW5 USA Ret.

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 21 October 2017

Jon Welda;

I'd be happy to send a bunch of 225438's, ~40 gr, made for the hornet etc.

PM me your address.

joe b., 

Attached Files

Close