BROTHER OF 22CF ACCURACY

• Last Post 03 May 2016
mtngun posted this 02 May 2016

--  X-Caliber stainless hand-lapped barrel, $140 delivered (they've raised their prices since then). -- 14” twist -- .224” groove x 0.219” lands --  loaded neck 0.2517",  fired neck 0.2527” - 0.2530".   In other words, a snug no-t

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 02 May 2016

dang that 22 br is pretty ....

and those 100 yard working-up groups look like my average 33 yard groups ...

i gotta start paying more attention ...

ken

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 02 May 2016

Excellent!   Just to put those groups in perspective, the 1.57” average is the equivalent of a 1.20” average for the five shot groups a lot of us like to shoot and equivalent to an average of .9” for the three shot groups that the writers in the gunzines love.  How about that?  Sub-minute of angle while warming up on the first try. I hate to see this it may mean that I may have to try cooked on coatings and I'm trying to simplify things. John

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 02 May 2016

we humans like to see patterns .. it looks as if there might be a upper-left-to-lower right pattern . just something to watch for ...

could be wind ... might be my imagination ...

ken

Attached Files

mtngun posted this 02 May 2016

Ken Campbell Iowa wrote: we humans like to see patterns .. it looks as if there might be a upper-left-to-lower right pattern . just something to watch for ...

could be wind ... might be my imagination ...

kenI think you are right, Ken.     I suspect the diagonal pattern has something to do with the way the rifle “rides the bags,” which has never been satisfactory -- it bounces around too much and does not return to battery with the crosshairs on the bullseye. I ordered a new, supposedly better front bag because the existing cordura bag does not hold its shape well.   We'll see if that makes any difference.    I'm new to this benchrest game so I'm still learning what works and what doesn't.  

Attached Files

j35nut posted this 03 May 2016

Back in 2006-2007 time frame,my return rod did the same thing

I called RCBS and they sent me a new one and about 20 bullets later the new one separated also.

I had Buckshot from the boolits site make me a one piece

unit. No more problems.

-----J

Attached Files

45 2.1 posted this 03 May 2016

j35nut wrote: Back in 2006-2007 time frame,my return rod did the same thing

I had Buckshot from the boolits site make me a one piece

unit. Buckshot has retired............ no more custom work.

Attached Files

Close