Greek HXP .303 Br. at CTD

• 3.4K Views
  • Last Post 16 March 2015
tturner53 posted this 13 December 2014

Just saw this, jumped on it. Greek HXP military surplus .303 British Boxer primed brass cases 174 gr FMJ. Loaded ammo for the price of commercial brass, IF you could get it. Search Cheaper Than Dirt. The reviews have been good. Ammo is mostly early '70s it seems.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ed Harris posted this 13 December 2014

I have a bunch of this ammo and it is good.

The brass is also OK.

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 13 December 2014

Some of the guys over at Boolits have bought these and said the brass is high quality and the load is pretty accurate.   Better get my new carry gun out of hock over at uncle Bud's first.  Being a little more affluent would solve a lot of this what first thing! LOL       GP

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 14 December 2014

I'm not nearly as affluent as I once was! I remember getting whatever I wanted and no worries. Now I have a 'fixed' income. BUT, this deal is too sweet to pass up. I have several rifles that can come back out to play. One thing I've learned is when it comes to the .303s brass management is extra important. As in; having dedicated brass for each gun, fire forming carefully to that gun, and neck sizing only, preferably with a Lee collet die, the best thing since sliced bread. Among my .303s is a nice #5 that was slightly bubba'd by some other fool and it can wear a scope in an old Weaver side mount. The barrel is barely legal now, 16 1/4". I'm thinking I'll take it and this new ammo out to the Nevada boonies and scare up some varmints.

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 14 December 2014

Tim: I'm having a lot of fun with my new to me Golden State 303 and use the Lee Whack a Mole Loader to neck size (poor mans Wilson hand die) then 31cal. M-die Itoo will be getting the collet neck die for mine, love those and think its one of Lee's best tools Have fun with your near SBR now that you can afford to shoot it. Shoot them up and sell me the brass to get your money back. GP

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 14 December 2014

I had some of this a few years ago on clips. I got 2700fps with it over my chrony. Wayy to hot for the no.1's.

Attached Files

Mike H posted this 15 December 2014

delmarskid1 wrote: I had some of this a few years ago on clips. I got 2700fps with it over my chrony. Wayy to hot for the no.1's.The HXP that. I have is 89,it was some of a large lot the Military Rifle Clubs imported,perfectly normal ammunition,safe in number1's as well as number4's.Mike.

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 16 December 2014

Mine was '75. I had to beat the bolt open on the poor old “Lithgows".

Attached Files

tturner53 posted this 15 March 2015

I shot the Greek HXP .303 yesterday in a CMP local match. Using my 1915 Lithgow accuracy and reliability was good. Fired primers looked ok, still round edges and easy extraction. This brass will be kept for this rifle only.

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 16 March 2015

Found some PPU brass in 303 through Brownells so I purchased a couple hundred. I was nursing along my last fifteen Winchester cases and thought I might have to buy a box of loaded ammo to get the brass. I'm pleased with the PPU brass, neck turned a few to check them out. Pretty consistent necks and seems of good quality, I'll see how it holds up, just glad to find some. GP

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 16 March 2015

heh, about 1995 i bot a new unfired smelly ....i felt like a monkey in a monkey-trap ,,, couldn't make myself unwrap it and shoot that unfired rifle, but don't do the collection thing either ... so i ” solved ” the situation by selling it .. i did tear one corner of the wrapper just to take a peek ...

ken

yeah i miss it ...don't be sellin yer dang guns !!!

Attached Files

Close