New member from Illinois

• Last Post 10 December 2021
  • Topic Is Solved
Buttersdad posted this 08 December 2021

Hi all. I'm new to the forums from west central Illinois. I'm retired from a steel production factory. I like to do a lot of things including reloading and casting. I've been doing both for quite a few years and don't see the end any time soon. Looking to find some great info here and hoping to be able to contribute a bit myself. Thanks for the chance to join.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
John Alexander posted this 08 December 2021

Welcome to the CBA forum. As a former Indiana farm boy I know your area. It has a fair number of cast bullet shooters and one of the most active CBA match sites fairly near you.

I would be glad to send you information about the CBA -- Just PM me your email address if interested.

I look forward to your future posts.

John

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 08 December 2021

Welcome and always glad to read about new members past experiences. Ric in Yakima

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Wm Cook posted this 08 December 2021

Welcome Illinois!! West Central part of the state puts you somewhere between Peoria and Quincy? I’m down west of St Louis about 30 minutes. If you ever have an interest in shooting score competition with me at the Stl Benchrest club let me know! Bill.

Patience isn’t a virtue, it’s a delay tactic.

Attached Files

Bud Hyett posted this 08 December 2021

Windhill Range near Aledo, Illinois has scheduled matches. They are a great group to shoot and visit with, many ideas. They have active shooter in a variety of classes so you'll be able to find a class to fit into.

Every time I can get back there to visit friends and family, I try to schedule the trip over a match weekend.

Send me your email and I'll get you in contact with the members for the coming year. 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

Wm Cook posted this 08 December 2021

By the way, do you shoot long guns, short guns, old guns or new guns? Bill.

Patience isn’t a virtue, it’s a delay tactic.

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 09 December 2021

Welcome,

This is a very good place to learn and just talk about casting and reloading. Great stories too.

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 09 December 2021

Welcome aboard.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Buttersdad posted this 10 December 2021

John, I've never lived in Indiana but been there a few times. Beautiful country.

Ric, I lived in your state capitol for a couple of years in the '80's. I love mountains, went back in 2010 to bring my sister back home and took my wife and son to Rainier. They loved it, my son couldn't believe it is an active volcano. 

William, been down that way a few times to visit friends. Is your family from Missouri up around here? I have family in this part of Missouri last name Cook. I'm sure that tells you it's the Quincy area. Oh, I shoot a mix of long, short, old and new. I haven't tried my hand at any type of competition.

Bud, Thanks for the offer, I haven't tried any type of competition. Not sure I'm good enough for that.

Bigman, I've been doing this for not as long as I'd like, but one of my OCD's is research. I researched this hobby for a couple years before even getting started getting a manual and equipment.

Jeff, Before I was around my dad served in the U.S.A.F. in New Zealand. I have always wanted to get a chance to visit your country.

Thanks to all of you for the very warm welcome, I really like this place already.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
Close