From California

• Last Post 28 October 2023
9.3X62AL posted this 25 October 2023

Thank you for accepting my re-join application a few days back, CBA.  My name is Allen Paine from Redlands, CA.  I retired from law enforcement 18 years ago and have been a firearms hobbyist since my youth.  I began reloading (shotshells) at age 15 (1970), metallics in 1976, and started bullet casting in 1981.  

Many of you likely recognize my nickname from other reloading sites that I infest online.  

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
9.3X62AL posted this 28 October 2023

I appreciate the warm welcome from you all.  Most of my shooting happens in the desert--have laser rangefinder, will travel.  Now that the blast furnace is abating out near Desert Center I am looking forward to running some of my war toys after a long hiatus due to illness.  There have been a few trips to indoor venues in San Bernardino and Beaumont with handguns, but shooting indoors gives me a headache after 45 minutes or so.  

Attached Files

Boschloper posted this 27 October 2023

Welcome from New Hampshire. I was born and raised in San Diego, escaped in1987. This is a great site to hang out on. 

Attached Files

Urny posted this 26 October 2023

Welcome to our patch Allen. This is a generally polite, well mannered, knowledgeable and opinionated bunch, in that regard much like a couple of other good cb sites. I hope you like it here as much as I do.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Shuz
Capt45 posted this 26 October 2023

Rejoined about the same time as 9.3 and likely as a result of a thread over on the castboolits site. I don't cast alot these days but I do like reading about the hobby.

Sparky45 over there.

Attached Files

G.Chapman posted this 26 October 2023

Hey Allen!  Welcome back. I grew up in Yucaipa, so Redlands was my Stomping Grounds.  Born at Redlands Community Hospital in 1954, and suffered lots of scary trips to the Beaver Clinic as a kid. My Dad was a veterinarian in Yucaipa. Holy Moly, you still have a place to shoot down there?  Enjoy the forum, this is a cast bullet shooter's place to rub elbows with the guys that really know their stuff!

Attached Files

OU812 posted this 25 October 2023

I think they accept anybody including murderers, bank robbers, etc...I am proof,because they just renewed my membership.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Capt45
RicinYakima posted this 25 October 2023

Welcome Allen. Glad to see you here again.

Attached Files

Close