XFR REV 2

• Last Post 15 April 2022
makpeter posted this 14 April 2022

Hello everyone

I have a magnetospeed sporter and am happy with it, but recently dropped my cell phone in water and bought a new samsung. The problem is there is only one usb C connection and I bought an adapter but I can't read it

I can connect the sporter to the desktop and read with an emulator but I can't find the files anywhere nor send them, 

Has anyone managed to read the magnetospeed and send the files via an emulator

Thanks

Peter

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 14 April 2022

no help here on your emulator problem ... but on usb connectors and linking cords ... some only are for charging and don't transfer data.   ? maybe to save copper ? ...

is there separate software from magnetospeed for your desktop ( windows not Android ) ? ... probably a " hidden " file type.  

if windows, you can turn on hidden files.  google directions ... or type " files " in your task bar search window and click " view " and then " options " and eventually there will be a window that allows you to turn on hidden files.

also, when your search " files " it will show you recent files ... maybe it is there ... windows puts some files under " user " that is tricky.

good luck

ken

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • makpeter
John Alexander posted this 14 April 2022

Ah! The joys wrought by the electronic improvements in our quality of life.

From John who has just spent an hour doin some that he knew how to to before gmail decided there was a better set up. The new way only takes twice as long now that I know how.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • Glenn R. Latham
JeffinNZ posted this 14 April 2022

Didn't have these problems with the Morse code did we John?

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
makpeter posted this 15 April 2022

Hi Ken,

I took my connectors and cables and used a friend's cell phone on the shooting range and everything works there

So I think there is no other option than to buy a second-hand mobile phone with a sound input

Anyway thanks

Attached Files

hporter posted this 15 April 2022

You might contact Magneto speed and ask them which adapter to use with their chronograph.

I had a similar problem with my Caldwell chronograph when the new iPhones came out with no ear phone jack.  I contacted Caldwell via email and the tech from Caldwell sent me an Amazon link for an adapter using the Apple lightning connector that cost $8 that fixed my problem.  Great service.

Come to think of it, I need to dig out my Magneto Speed and see if it works with the same adapter!

Good Luck

Attached Files

makpeter posted this 15 April 2022

Hi,I sent an e-mail but got the answer what is on the site. I found an old cell phone and it works on it

So I'll have to make do with that until I find an adapter and test if it works first

Tanks

Attached Files

hporter posted this 15 April 2022

I just tried my XFR cord with the Apple Lightning ear phone adapter and it worked fine.

I am glad you posted this, as my firmware was way out of date on my V3 version.  I see the new firmware can sync the SD card.  That is a nice touch.

Attached Files

Close