WTB Odd Ball Mold--8.15X46R

• Last Post 04 February 2022
mashburn posted this 04 February 2022

I just brought a new toy home today. It is a tip-up German Stalking Rife, in 8.15X46R, and is it a cutie. I need to slug the bore before I buy a mold but I'm looking around now.  Every-one tells me that the bores of this caliber vary greatly. but then I'm sure a lot of these info providers are limited in their actual knowledge of such. I think the bore will probably be from .330-.334, but then, I may be wrong. I freely admit that I know nothing of this caliber, but I will probably learn a lot before I finish with this project. If any- one has or knows of such a critter or a mold that I could beagle , please let me know. I hope I can get this project ready before the bunny or groundhog shoot starts. 

If any of you members have actual experience with this caliber, please feed me all of the information that you can.

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 04 February 2022

Check your message box. This is a whole new shooting experience. 

Attached Files

Pentz posted this 04 February 2022

I may be late to the party, but it is essentially a 32-40.  Use 30-30 cases blown out, and pound cast the bore and throat, then have NOE make a ring bullet mold to your specifications.  Cut the case so that it will seat with the ring filling the leade, and Bob's your uncle.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
Close