WTB

• Last Post 08 December 2022
mashburn posted this 07 December 2022

Lee still lists a numberC.309-180R bullet mold, but I can't find one. If anyone has one of these laying around and not in use, I would like to buy it. The Mold casts a .317 bore rider, gas check bullet. I have an 8.15Rx46 stalking rifle with a strange bore diameter, it is ,318. I could take that bullet and powder coat it, and I would be close to the bullet diameter that I need. If anyone has any kind of mold that drops a bullet from .317-.321, preferably with a flat nose and gas check, that you're not using, I would be interested in purchasing it from you. It has to be a gas check.

Thanks,

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 07 December 2022

hi Dave... are you sure about that mold description ? ...  supposed to cast a ~308 ...

you might wind up making a squish die ..... and use a 0.314 mold ...

ken

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 08 December 2022

I have a C308-200.

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

mashburn posted this 08 December 2022

Hello Ken,

I pulled up the Lee bullet molds pictures and info again, just a little while ago, and guess what, I didn't have my glasses on before and mis-read the little print. The .317 was the ballistic coefficient. I guess I should wear my glasses more than I do. I have come up with a plain base mold that works so I'm not in a desperate situation.

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

mashburn posted this 08 December 2022

Hello David,

I guess you have seen my reply to ken's post. If your Lee 200 gr. mold is a gas check mold, I would be interested in it for my single shot 30-30.

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

Close