Update

• Last Post 10 September 2019
David Reiss posted this 31 August 2019

I just want to bring some of you up to date. To sum things up, my surgery recovery is kicking my ass and it will be a couple more weeks before I am able correspond with most of you. If you have a website/form issues contact Jeff Brown for help. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
shake posted this 31 August 2019

I hope you get well soon.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 31 August 2019

hang in there Dave, get through this " 2 steps backward " phase ... and look for the " 20000 steps forward " coming up.

ken

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 31 August 2019

David,

Praying for a Speedy and Full Recovery.

Rog

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 31 August 2019

Thanks for the report David.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 31 August 2019

Just get well David, speaking as someone who has had a lot of surgery in the last 17 yrs. I can say that it will sometimes be a real ass kicker.  Take what ever time you need to get better.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

Fitzpatrick posted this 31 August 2019

Thank you David ,Get well soon and we'll be praying for you

Best regards James Fitzpatrick

Attached Files

Ross Smith posted this 01 September 2019

Do heal up.

Attached Files

OU812 posted this 01 September 2019

Hemerroid operation?

I knew a guy that had this done. He said they laid him face down and ass up in air while he was awake. He said it sounded like they were cleaning catfish (pliars hitting pan while slinging off guts). The next day they told him he had to have bowel movement before going home. He said it hurt so bad he could have ripped the stainless holding bars off wall. Turned around to look at his work and lots of gauze.laughing

Get well soon. What ever your operation was?

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 01 September 2019

Sounds wonderful, wished my surgery and recovery was that pleasant. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
RicinYakima posted this 01 September 2019

Day by day, my friend, day by day. Best wishes, Ric

Attached Files

JimmyDee posted this 03 September 2019

I knew a guy...

Well, I *was* a guy.  Not hemorrhoids -- got an extra hole in my ass while in the service.

Recovery?  Face down on a gurney, buns up, big piece of foam under my hips, and a sheet over my bare butt.  They gave me a crutch so I could paddle around.  Where to?  The soft ice cream machine, of course!

Everything was fine until a corner of the sheet got caught under one of the casters.  Everything I did to try to free the sheet just pulled more of it off my butt.  'Til it was on the floor.  Oh, well.

I still paddled down to get my ice cream, though.

--

Heal well, David.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bill2728
Pentz posted this 03 September 2019

Fusion, hand, shoulder, 2 hernias, and nose so far.  Hope that's it.  Speedy recovery Dave.  Used to be we guys talked about exploits with wimmen-folk.  Now it's surgeries...undecided

Attached Files

Shopdog posted this 03 September 2019

Get well soon David.

Attached Files

Bill2728 posted this 03 September 2019

Heal quickly! You are missed!

Attached Files

M3 Mitch posted this 03 September 2019

Get Well, David!   Look forward to corresponding with you on here soon.

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 08 September 2019

Wow, I really appreciate all the calls, emails and PMs. Ya'll make me feel like a celebrity. I am coming along, but it is a very slow recovery for me, the days are very long. What makes it worse is I can't cast, reload or shoot. So it's lots of TV, watching Zulu, Saving Private Ryan, Tombstone, We Were Soldiers and the likes over again. 

The new Fouling Shot is own it's way, so that is some good news for ya'll. 

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 09 September 2019

hi dave ... my favorite tv shows in the past few years have been ::   _Ray Donovan_   ... _Dexter_ , and _Sons of Anarchy_  all series, so you can binge watch ...   terrific acting and plots, extremely violent , and every couple of episodes you need to mix with the actual good real people of this earth to avoid depression ...  or, if you like super heros,  the _Jessica Jones_ series is by far the best of the bunch ...

ha ...  i watched these when i was laid up and when i could stand up again it made me really tickled to get back to my casting and shooting !! ...  

ken

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 09 September 2019

I like the old stuff. Cheyanne, Trackdown, Perry Mason, Cannon and early Gunsmoke. 

Get well soon David. I miss your interesting take on just about everything.

Rog

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 10 September 2019

Rog,

Watched those so much as a kid, they just don't turn my cylinder any more. Love history / military documentaries, but have watched most to date. Starting to watch the spaghetti westerns again, haven't seen those in at least 2 years, ha, ha. 

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
TRKakaCatWhisperer posted this 10 September 2019

ahhhhh yes!   "meanwhile, back at the ranch..."

Attached Files

Close