what torque wrench do you recommend for rifle actions??
- 222 Views
- Last Post 17 February 2021
I use a Snap-On because I already have many for other uses. I have seen used Mac, Snap-On, Matco's sell for under $50 on Craig's List all the time.
i have no use for a torque wrench other than useing on rifle actions
The Wheeler wrench is a good all around gun inch pound torque wrench. Accuracy Is within a couple of pounds of the one I bought 40 years ago for 3 times the money (. in 1970s $ yikes!) plus it takes 1/4 in bits and you use it like screw driver, comes with just about any bit you need. No looking for and buying 3/8 drive bits.
The Wheeler Fat Wrench is perfect for what you need it for. I use mine also a lot for scope installations.
David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .
bought a wheeler fat wrench from cabelas. (have some cabelas points) when the points are gone i'm done with cabelas. back to the wrench.... dosen't work. sending it back. don't know to get a replacement or another brand. probably another brand that dosen't take batteries.
- All Categories
- General Polls
- Contact Us w/ Forum Issues
- Welcome to The Cast Bullet Association Forum
- Bullet Casting
Guns and Shooting
- AR Platform
- TC Contenders & Other Single Shot Handguns
- Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events
- Gunsmithing Tips
- Gun Cleaning & Maintenance
- Benchrest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Military Bench Rest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Silhouette Shooting
- Postal Match Cast Bullet Shooting
- Factory Guns
- Black Powder Cartridge
- Hand Guns
- Lever Guns
- Single Shot Rifles
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Military Surplus Rifles
- Plinkers Hollow
- Buy, Sell or Trade
- Other Information & Reference