Primers

• Last Post 18 February 2023
delmarskid posted this 30 January 2023

Drinks are on me boys! I found a CCI small rifle primer in a crack of the floor.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
MarkinEllensburg posted this 30 January 2023

Cause for celebration! Small Rifle is one size that I have been able to find. Large rifle and large pistol on the other hand are still hard to find.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Ross Smith posted this 30 January 2023

I can get anything but LR.

Attached Files

Wilderness posted this 30 January 2023

A few years ago I was given some .32-20 ammo reloaded during the war, when primers were non-existent. Black powder must have been available, at least for my benefactor. Primers had been reloaded with wax match heads, some with anvils, some without.

I'd say about half went off properly, with the rest split evenly between hangfires and misfires. At least I got the brass (DC Co).

Attached Files

JimmyDee posted this 31 January 2023

I've discovered that a brick of primers can be worth a day's labor.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
  • delmarskid
Pentz posted this 31 January 2023

Loren Peter here in Vancouver has 3 cases of Win, SMR at 100 per brick,  Discount for bulk buys.

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/fresh-winchester-small-rifle-primers.439356/

better hurry

Attached Files

gnoahhh posted this 31 January 2023

My gas station guy offered me a fillup for 500 LR primers. Seriously. Almost took him up on it, but gas is easy to find and primers aren't.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • delmarskid
tomme boy posted this 01 February 2023

I got 12K LR primers and nothing that takes them anymore

Attached Files

delmarskid posted this 01 February 2023

The irony of it is you can sell them for half of what they are worth and buy a rifle that uses them.

Attached Files

Qc Pistolero posted this 03 February 2023

Around here there's a guy announcing them at100$ per sleve;that's 1$ a pop.Now that's what I call inflation(or a real crook!)

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
Lucky1 posted this 09 February 2023

I see that Powder Valley now has Argentine and Unis Ginex primers in now at 8 cents a pop. No large rifle yet so keep your fingers crossed.

Scott Ingle

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • delmarskid
Lucky1 posted this 18 February 2023

And now some Fiocchi SR at Powder Valley. Same price at 8 cents

Scott Ingle

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • delmarskid
  • Bud Hyett
delmarskid posted this 18 February 2023

Grafs has some and an outfit called Target Sports has too. There was a scammer trying to imitate Target Sports and they nearly got me a couple years back.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • Bud Hyett
Lee Guthrie posted this 18 February 2023

Interesting article regarding ammunition shortages, prices, and WHY.  Rather telling on  the issue of primers.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/ammo-shortage-2023/

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • delmarskid
Close