NRA

• Last Post 23 January 2021
beagle6 posted this 18 January 2021

Too bad, the NRA has filed for bankruptcy in my home state of NEW York. I don't know all of the details yet but I bet Wayne and company's excesses had something to do with it. When is the board of directors going to do something to save the organization?

beagle6

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
admiral posted this 19 January 2021

Bankruptcy in this case is more of a legal term so they can reorganize as they move to Texas. It can be used as a way to protect their assets from the NY state gov't officials that are suing them.

Attached Files

Bud Hyett posted this 19 January 2021

Remember, 50% of the lawyers graduate in the bottom of their class. These are often the people on the news giving an opinion. Many of the top 50% get a law degree to enter politics, that is good background.

I have worked directly with corporate attorneys and respect them as the cream of the crop. Let us inquire as to the background of the lawyers administering the move and how they are to be paid. 

The first objective of this lawsuit was to blunt the NRA influence in the (then) upcoming national election. They were successful. The second is to throw disharmony and discord among the members. They can be successful if we let them.

Direct, but polite, emails to the members of the Board of Directors are a better usage of time that writing on a blog. Inquire of their perception of today's situation and ask what they are doing or might do. 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • delmarskid
  • Ross Smith
JeffinNZ posted this 19 January 2021

Bud makes a good point. On any given day half of the lawyers are proven to be wrong.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 19 January 2021

Half of the lawyers are below average.

Half of the people in the USA have below average intelligence, education, age, height, weight, ability to earn money, and every other characteristic. 

And if they, the below average folks, moved to another country; then

Half of the people in the USA would still have below average intelligence, education, age, height, weight, ability to earn money, and every other characteristic. 

Half the voters in the USA don't understand that.

Attached Files

max503 posted this 19 January 2021

I like what Bud said and I am sticking with the NRA.  If we jump ship the other side wins.  That's what they want us to do.  

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Ross Smith
beagle6 posted this 19 January 2021

I am sticking with the NRA too. They were incorporated in New York originally so it is sad what's happening. I think they will do better in Texas but it's not good that they are leaving under a cloud. I would welcome a way to write the members of the board of directors but have never been able to find their addresses . Sending letters through NRA Headquarters would probably be a waste of time. I am convinced that there needs to be a housecleaning at the top of the organization.

beagle6

Attached Files

Tom Acheson posted this 19 January 2021

I too am OK with the NRA despite the rumors about the lousy behavior of WLP.

Possibly anyone who actually shoots cares not for WLP’s behavior but the organization is important to us as a strong lobby to retain the second amendment. Whether we agree with all of the NRA’s tenets or not it is still the biggest stick that we have to support shooters and gun owners. Just like anything that politics and greed corrupts, it is still a necessary evil that periodically needs a purge.

Maybe you hate the NRA’s guts but take a moment and think what it has actually done instead of focusing on your emotions of the moment and compare that to what reality would be without its influence.

found this on the interweb.....

A vote is not a valentine, you are not confessing your love for the candidate. It’s a chess move for the world you want to live in.

This applies to more than just the NRA.

Tom

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
BigMan54 posted this 19 January 2021

I think that lapierre has done more to hurt Our NRA then bloomberg and that NAZI Death Camp goon has. his excesses, greed and Very Poor responses to past firearm related tragedies  are damning. 

There was a Rebellion in 2019 at the Annual Meetings. All those who didn't agree with lapierre were thrown out. As soon as the NRA gets settled in Texas, he should be thrown out, on his ear. Sans Golden Parachute.

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 19 January 2021

Too bad, the NRA has filed for bankruptcy in my home state of NEW York. I don't know all of the details yet but I bet Wayne and company's excesses had something to do with it. When is the board of directors going to do something to save the organization?

beagle6

NRA Board are all Wayne's puppets.  We've not been able to elect responsible people to the NRA Board in decades, as not enough of them can get through the petition process and be put on the ballot and make any difference.  The others are all bought and paid for as Wayne's Yes Men. 

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

beagle6 posted this 20 January 2021

OK, so how do we save our organization?

baegle6

Attached Files

Michael S posted this 22 January 2021

We save our organization by not quitting it or bad mouthing it just because some liberal hack job in NJ says NRA is evil. We also vote in the NRA elections. 

As fare as the NRA leadership I do not know so I cannot comment.  But just like a band leader in marching band their is always some parent not satisfied, and the school who constantly get beat start roomers about that band and staff. Or take the Patriots and Mr Tom Brady, all the teams were are are jealous of the 5 super bowl wins (will be 6 in Feb for Tom Brady) that instead of practicing to get better they complain and make roomers. I guess that is human nature, but now all humans are like that.

But weak water members have left and will just have to buy their memberships again once they realize that most of what NJ was saying was to side line the NRA during a election year.

GOD, United States of America, US Marine Corps, Family, Self

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
beagle6 posted this 22 January 2021

Michael

Thanks for your post. I never advocated jumping ship but i am absolutely convinced that Wayne and company are the reason the NRA is in the trouble it is in. Being a Marine you must know that Ollie North tried to clean up the mess at the top without success..

beagle6

Attached Files

Michael S posted this 23 January 2021

Yes I was surprised when Ollie North was no longer  in the upper echelon of the NRA   

GOD, United States of America, US Marine Corps, Family, Self

Attached Files

Close