New 44-40 Bullet Mold

  • 6 Views
  • Last Post 32 minutes ago
Aaron posted this 2 hours ago

After all the discussion here about the 44-40 cartridge AND latest challenge to join the Doc Pardee Club AND after watching Tod "Doc" Kesner's YouTube video "Not Any Bullet Will Do", I sent off for the Accurate bullet mold Doc recommended in his video.

Accurate Molds is now at the 8 week delay in mold production which means they must be doing a great business! Previous molds arrived before I ordered them (not really) but now, expect the delay in shipment due to their busy production schedule. I ordered the AM 43-215C and it arrived yesterday. I got to casting with it today since we have a blessed break in the heat and humidity at last! 

I used Lyman #2 alloy to run off about 100 bullets in no time at all. I got them lubed up this evening and loaded into some new Starline brass atop 8 grains of True Blue powder. I'll get the rascals shot tomorrow and will chronograph them as well. 

After that, I'll load a bunch more to push down the 24" barrel of my 1873 rifle to see how they group. With open sights, I may find it difficult to join the Doc Pardee Club but who knows?

 

 

With rifle in hand, I confidently go forth into the darkness.

Attached Files

Idahocaster posted this 32 minutes ago

Those are some nice looking bullets, Aaron! Good luck with the shooting!

Attached Files

Close