Still need 17 Hornet brass. $ or trade for 45 Colt or 7.62x39 brass.
Need 17 Hornet brass
- 91 Views
- Last Post 24 March 2021
Just curious. Are you casting for the .17 Hornet?
Got enough brass coming in thanks!
Lee - I've thought about it but ... not yet, will likely do a year's worth of playing with the 22's before I try them in cast. There ARE molds out there....
I asked about casting because I was shooting my .17 Hornet last Sunday, and while I have cast and loaded for my .22 Hornet, the thought of casting, sizing, lubing, and loading for it's little cousin not only seems daunting, but the 3700 fps just might lead a little bit.....
It would be fun to see the upper velocity limit on a 17 cast.
I would expect 2200 or so.
Linotype might could be a good alloy with which to start...
- All Categories
- General Polls
- Contact Us w/ Forum Issues
- Welcome to The Cast Bullet Association Forum
- Bullet Casting
Guns and Shooting
- AR Platform
- TC Contenders & Other Single Shot Handguns
- Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events
- Gunsmithing Tips
- Gun Cleaning & Maintenance
- Benchrest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Military Bench Rest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Silhouette Shooting
- Postal Match Cast Bullet Shooting
- Factory Guns
- Black Powder Cartridge
- Hand Guns
- Lever Guns
- Single Shot Rifles
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Military Surplus Rifles
- Plinkers Hollow
- Buy, Sell or Trade
- Other Information & Reference