Interesting

• Last Post 06 July 2021
sluggo posted this 05 July 2021

It's kind of funny. There is an acute ammo shortage around here. But in the last two days it sounds like a war is going on with the amount of fireworks being set off. Anyone ever try reloading .45 a.c.p. with black cat firecrackers? Just kidding. Happy 4th. Everyone.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
David Reiss posted this 05 July 2021

No, but I thought about this today though.

We celebrate the 4th with fireworks from China, wouldn't it be better to celebrate with ammo made here in the good old USA? 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

delmarskid posted this 05 July 2021

No, but I thought about this today though.

We celebrate the 4th with fireworks from China, wouldn't it be better to celebrate with ammo made here in the good old USA? 

I brought the '03 out on the fourth. As I was showing the barrel's date to my nephew we noticed it was marked 7-21. Happy hundredth birthday old girl! Let me tell you the old gal can still dance.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
M1fuzz posted this 05 July 2021

Around here people do. Had a call for service earlier where a bullet came down through complainant’s roof in the living room last night.

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 06 July 2021

I didn't say anything about being irresponsible. That's just dumb to shoot straight up into the air in an area with people around. We always shoot straight down into the ground or at a safe target. 

My grandfather started all the kids shooting a .22 rifle into a 4x4 at about 5 years old. We had the grandest time the next day digging the slugs out of the wood. I still actually have my first slug.  

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

Millelacs posted this 06 July 2021

I didn't say anything about being irresponsible. That's just dumb to shoot straight up into the

air in an area with people around.

When I was in the Philippines in the late '80's, it was said that at over a thousand people died every New Years Eve from rounds falling back to earth.  A neighbor had one come  through his roof, into hos living room.  Not my kind of fun.

Attached Files

cfp4570 posted this 06 July 2021

It's pretty hard to beat 12 gauge black powder blanks for Independence Day salutes. Only recommended in rural areas of course. I fire them out of a single shot for easy cleanup. Loading data and instructions are in the back pages of the Dixie Gun Works catalog. Lots of flash and boom!

Attached Files

max503 posted this 06 July 2021

Reminds me of an episode of the old Daniel Boone show.  The bad guys and Indians had Daniel and the good guys surrounded, and the good guys were almost out of powder.  It was 4th of July and in order to fool the bad guys, the good guys made fireworks and had a celebration.  It fooled the bad guys into thinking the good guys had plenty of powder - so the bad guys called off the rumble which they would have surely won.

Maybe our shooting sports and popping off fireworks could have the same effect?

Attached Files

BigMan54 posted this 06 July 2021

Around here the Cops park there cars under the  freeway overpasses from dark until well past midnight. 

Long time Caster/Reloader, Getting back into it after almost 10yrs. Life Member NRA 40+yrs, Life S.A.S.S. #375. Does this mean a description of me as a fumble-fingered knuckle-draggin' baboon. I also drool in my sleep. I firmly believe that true happiness is a warm gun. Did I mention how much I HATE auto-correct on this blasted tablet.

Attached Files

Close