Fouling Shot 276 (Spoilers!)

• Last Post 25 April 2022
Idahocaster posted this 10 April 2022

I got my copy of The Fouling Shot #276 in the mail yesterday. I read the whole thing today and what an issue! I loved every article, but Bill Duncan's comparison of wadcutters, Greg Topp's article on the Spencer, and especially Christopher Young's cast bullet biography really spoke to me! All of the other articles were great too! This is the best one I've read yet!

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • John Alexander
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
GregT posted this 10 April 2022

Hey Idahocaster!

Thanks for the compliment! I get my Fouling Shot by computer and I have not seen it yet. I might owe Dave for my new years membership....seems I recall... Just emailed him!

GregT

Attached Files

Idahocaster posted this 10 April 2022

Your welcome Greg! I have always had a soft spot for Spencer's. My wife's grandmother had an original Spencer sporting rifle with an octagonal barrel. It had belonged to my wife's great great grandfather. It was chambered for the 56-45 Spencer, a bottleneck case. I think the idea was to try for a higher velocity load. It was not in good shape, but always fun to hold a gun that was 150 years old!

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 10 April 2022

Some OUTSTANDING reading.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Nick Tepfer posted this 25 April 2022

Haven't received #276 yet, still waiting. 5-15-22 still no #276, wonder what gives?

Attached Files

Close