MVA DST 1885 action is on order. Other than Turnbull, what experience do members here have to share with purveyors of color case receivers? And while at it, makers of 90+ % inlet stocks
Color case hardening recommendations?
- 289 Views
- Last Post 04 September 2021
Can't speak to receivers but Boyds stocks are pretty much drop ins in my experience if they make one for your action.
John Carlson. CBA Director of Military Competition.
David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .
Take a long look at CPA - their color case hardening is distinctive!
Steve Durren in Michigan did my Rolling Block. I really like how it turned out.
Ditto CPA. They did a beautiful job on a High Wall receiver and lever for me last fall. Quite reasonable pricing.
Their stock selection for all make of single shots is superb too.
- All Categories
- General Polls
- Contact Us w/ Forum Issues
- Welcome to The Cast Bullet Association Forum
- Bullet Casting
Guns and Shooting
- AR Platform
- TC Contenders & Other Single Shot Handguns
- Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events
- Gunsmithing Tips
- Gun Cleaning & Maintenance
- Benchrest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Military Bench Rest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Silhouette Shooting
- Postal Match Cast Bullet Shooting
- Factory Guns
- Black Powder Cartridge
- Hand Guns
- Lever Guns
- Single Shot Rifles
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Military Surplus Rifles
- Plinkers Hollow
- Buy, Sell or Trade
- Other Information & Reference