Cabin fever

• Last Post 03 September 2021
JeffinNZ posted this 28 August 2021

Well, we are in lockdown again here in NZ.  I can't get out shooting and now the hunting gods are taunting me.  This morning in the yard was a very fat little quail.  And BOTH cats were asleep inside.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • David Reiss
  • Maven
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
David Reiss posted this 28 August 2021

I didn't know you had any game other than those big rats!

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
Wineman posted this 29 August 2021

What was the huge bird that used to take game as big as horses?

I though you guys had it covered? Little county, island, intelligent population, decent GDP. What happened? Crossing my fingers and WTF.

Dave

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
  • David Reiss
JeffinNZ posted this 29 August 2021

Moas.  The Moa bird.  Like an ostrich.  Big drumstick.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • David Reiss
RicinYakima posted this 29 August 2021

Nice Bob White Quail! I'm feeding about 25 so the neighbor's cats will eat during the winter. cry

Attached Files

ten-mile posted this 29 August 2021

For some unknown reason, my neighbors cannot keep a cat for very long.

Attached Files

JohnForrest posted this 29 August 2021

Getting my booster shot next week as soon as all my poison ivy heals up. Not sure if I would rather be itch free or just free

Attached Files

max503 posted this 29 August 2021

Why can't you go shooting? Outdoor activities are (mostly) all that's allowed here during lockdowns. Seems everyone has taken up camping, hiking, fishing, etc.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 29 August 2021

I think when New Zealand says lockdown, it is confinement to your house only. 

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 29 August 2021

Not putting down NZ, but this is still the land of the free, no matter what. 

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

barra posted this 30 August 2021

Up for  a covid operation?

Round ice cube maybe powered by rubber bands?

Attached Files

JohnForrest posted this 30 August 2021

Watch a couple "Tim Wells" blowgun video's you might get an idea. If not he is at least, good entertainment if your cooped up.

Attached Files

delmarskid posted this 31 August 2021

Primers will drive a 22 air rifle pellet very nicely.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
mashburn posted this 02 September 2021

All of you people who are suffering from  lock down think of me, here in the great state of Oklahoma. We can go any where and do what we please, mask free, I might add. Isn't freedom nice, I feel for you. And bye the way, that isn't a Bob White Quail.

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 03 September 2021

You are correct David, it is a valley quail sometimes called a California valley quail, and what it is doing in New Zealand I have no idea.

On the subject of masks; it would be nice if members of this forum cared as much about the health and well-being of others as they did about lead. If you have not been vaccinated I hope you don't catch Covid, but it is a distinct possibility of it happening.  Viruses are sloppy replicators and quite often they give rise to minor variations of the original copy.  Most of these are dead ends, but some can really make your life miserable.  If we should lose you it would be of no consequence, but I hope you do not communicate it to someone you care about besides yourself.  If there is such a person.

Personal freedom is a wonderful gift in this magnificent country, but you nor any other person has the right to endanger the life and welbeing of another.  Maybe you should spend some time thinking about that.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • John Alexander
  • Maven
Wineman posted this 03 September 2021

You should see the Giant Sequoias in Queenstown. They are huge and only 150 years old. They really like the place! Probably like most other things in NZ, came from somewhere else. My first winery had the Valley Quail as a label logo 34 years ago. We were Quail Run (Washington State), and got lawyered out to be Covey Run by Quail Ridge in CA. Changing your name (sorry ladies) sucks. Especially when you were pretty famous with that name. We loved NZ and were there for a few weeks in 2015.

Covid also sucks.

Dave

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • JeffinNZ
  • David Reiss
John Alexander posted this 03 September 2021

Brodie,

Very well said.  We all have responsibilities to those around us whether we recognize it or not. That's what it takes  to make civilization work.  None of us are the center of the universe.

John

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Geargnasher
mashburn posted this 03 September 2021

Hello Brodie,

First of all I have been vaccinated-two shots- and I also had covid when it first hit the US. We seem to be getting a little nasty here. I know that  as a vaccinated and former covid victim That I can still contaminate other people. Other people have the same opportunity to be vaccinated as I did. I look at it this way; my freedom doesn't require me to stay home to avoid the possibility of contaminating people who refuse to be vaccinated.

It shocks me to hear that you feel my death would be of no consequence to you and yes I do have someone to care about besides myself (that is quite a statement). With some study and research, masks don't work as well as they are said to be. I have worn masks  in the past and still do in medical facilities that require them

It hurts my feelings to know that there are members who feel that my life is of no importance. Maybe you people wouldn't enjoy living in a free state after all

I made a pretty sizeable contribution last week to one of my former students who is suffering from a bad case of Covid. How many of you, may I ask, have dug down in your pockets  and  helped someone out. When the government sent money out to people in the US to help  the situation in the US last winter, guess what my wife and I did with ours, we gave it to a family who needed it more than we. And you dare to ask If I care about anyone other than myself. what did you do with yours? And by the way, WE DEFINITELY AREN'T RICH, we just care about people.

John, it also hurts me that you agree with Brodie, about me feeling that I am the center of the universe, that really makes me feel terrible. As the bible says let he who is without sin cast the fist stone. I didn't cast the first stone but I have a reserve of a lot of stones. As I think of it, you people wouldn't like Oklahoma because about 90 perc ent of the population is just like me.

How many of you people served in the armed services?

I'm going to the shop before I write something that I shouldn't. 

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Mike H
David Reiss posted this 03 September 2021

Brodie & David,

No more comments on this thread. If you do I will delete it and ban you from the forum. This forum is no place for this kind of back and forth. 

I will ad, I don't think Brodie or John's comment was meant to be personal and taken out of context. 

If you want to communicate by PM, that is fine as long as it doesn't get out of line.

But again, no comments, absolutely none on this thread from Brodie or David, period!

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 03 September 2021

i took it that mr. B. was speaking rhetorically ... the   " YOU " was those who had not vaccinated .,.. not anybody specifically.

FWIF, my doctor feels the vaccination works and is important.  but also that the masking is a joke and mostly makes      "  YOU "      feel good ....  kinda like a copper bracelet ...

i wear a mask to help others feel good ... besides, my mask has an Indy race car on it ! ...

ken

Attached Files

max503 posted this 03 September 2021

I could easily take that quail down off that board.  Even here in town.

And no, I would not leave it for the cats.

Attached Files

Close