ww scrap

• 3.2K Views
  • Last Post 27 July 2009
conundrum374 posted this 23 February 2009

for those smelting wheel weights, how do you dispose of the steal clips and other slag? :(

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
largecaliberman posted this 27 July 2009

I would accumulate a bunch of those and whenever there's a recycling drive in my community, they would be very happy to take it in. the recycling day is sponsored through a school and the school would take in a penny for each pound. Wheel weight clips, dross, bullet shrapnels, aluminum and steel casings, etc.

Attached Files

CB posted this 12 July 2009

I dispose of ww clips and misc metal I can't use in my blue recycle barrel. My city disposal picks up the barrel with the trash each week.

Stephen Perry

Angeles BR:fire

Attached Files

offhand35 posted this 02 June 2009

I don't have any more WW clips, but a LOT of slag from cleaning up 22LR range scrap. I put it in 3# coffee cans. “They” accepted it at the last local “Hazardous Waste Day".

Attached Files

Stimp posted this 02 June 2009

JeffinNZ wrote: I use them for weighing down the bodies......................

:P

lol ,,,, Thats Great!

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 25 February 2009

I use them for weighing down the bodies......................

:P

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

conundrum374 posted this 25 February 2009

Thanks for the suggestions. sometimes the obvious isnt the first thing we think of.  :D

Attached Files

jimkim posted this 25 February 2009

I put 'em in a bowl and eat 'em with milk. Word of warning, if you do this, it hurts................................................................twice.

I keep them in a coffee can. I was told you can use them to help get zinc out if your alloy ever gets contaminated. It hasn't happened yet, but just in case I figured keep a few.

Attached Files

CB posted this 25 February 2009

I separate the slag and clips and take to the scrap yard. They give me scrap lead price on the slag and scrap price on the steel.

I usually trade the money from that for more lead, of course I usually have to throw a few bucks at it.

Attached Files

Jimlakeside posted this 24 February 2009

I took 3 one gallon paint cans full of clips and slag to my local recycle shop. He put them on the scale with a bunch of other junk and paid me $15.00 for the whole pile. Paid for my gas to the recycle shop and I got rid of a bunch of junk.

Attached Files

runfiverun posted this 23 February 2009

it goes to the scrap yard you would be amazed at how much a 55 gal,drum weighs when full of clips. luckily i have a friend who runs a scrap yard and i can just drop it all off 5 gal bucket at a time when i feel like it.

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 23 February 2009

I put my metal clips and my slag in a 3 pound coffee can. Then I mix up a thin batch of cement and fill the can to the top. When hard, I send it to the County Landfill. That landfill is lined and since I live in the desert, it is safe for a few thousand years.

Now, depending upon your state's hazardous waste regulations, you may have to sort the steel clips outs for recycling. The slag may be able to go to a household hazardous waste turn in day. What needs to happen is the antimony, arsenic and lead oxide kept out of the ground water. If I remember correctly, Illinois gets rain, so you just can't bury it in the ground.

HTH, Ric

Attached Files

Close