Varget powder

• 6K Views
  • Last Post 31 January 2009
GBertolet posted this 08 January 2009

Is any one else having difficulty finding Varget powder? My usual sources are out of stock. I am looking for a 8 lb keg and will add some other misc powders to justify the hazmat fee..

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
CB posted this 08 January 2009

I just checked my usual source and they are out of stock until the end of the month.. I know Varget is made in Australia.. Maybe that is the issue...

Attached Files

jimkim posted this 08 January 2009

I have heard this on other forums for a month now. There is a shortage of everything right now. One supplier told me they were one month to six weeks behind on all their orders.

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 08 January 2009

Correct.  Made by ADI and we burn it as AR2208.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

JetMech posted this 21 January 2009

I ran into the same problem. Wanted 4# kegs of 2400, Unique, and 231. All out of stock. My local shop told me a month ago, when they went to their supplier's warehouse, a local, private citizen, had two full pallets of various powders and primers he had paid for. A couple hundred pounds of powder. He just had to find a truck big enough to load them on!

Attached Files

CB posted this 21 January 2009

I think a lot of the shortage was created because every one was buying to stock up in case Obama cut us off. I heard a tale of a fellow in Arkansas that had the same trouble and his local dealer said that sales had been very brisk and he was out of stock for that reason. The suppliers also did not plan for this type of mass buying spree and ran out of stock. It may have been an artificially created fear, or some folks may be right and all of our hobbies may come to an end. Time will tell. I plan to stock up a little, at least 4 years worth and we will see. Either way I plan to continue shooting, hunting and reloading until they pry my cold dead hands off of my Dillon, RCBS, Lyman or Wilson Dies or whatever I am using at the time.

Attached Files

Largom posted this 22 January 2009

People are buying guns, ammo. and reloading components like crazy, afraid of what the B.O. administration will do. WHY DID THEY NOT THINK ABOUT THIS ON ELECTION DAY? I know a lot of gun owners that voted for Obama.

LARRY

Attached Files

Brodie posted this 23 January 2009

Larry; 

They voted the way they did because p

Did you notice how quickly gas prices fell?

It wasnt OPEC or the greedy Oil Companies.  It was the extremely greedy comodity traders who did not have the spare bucks to help drive the price back up following the losses which so many (I furvently hope and pray ) experienced.

People do not want to grow up.  They will always (as a large group) look for the easiest out.  And Obama Offered it to them.

Who they think is going to pay off the trillions of national debt our new leaders have and will incur they really don't care until the next election when some long winded jerk with a great speaking voice  and demeanor makes it an issue again.

B.E.Brickey

Attached Files

GBertolet posted this 27 January 2009

Natchez now has Varget in 8lb kegs. I just ordered one @  $ 135.00 + hazmat and S&H. Their web is http://www.natchezss.com>http://www.natchezss.com or 1-800-251-7839.

1-27-09  1:50pm EST      I am told Natchez is out of stock again. They must have had only a few kegs.   Sorry for the dissapointment.

Powder Valley out of stock

Midway out of stock

Midsouth out of stock

Attached Files

jimkim posted this 27 January 2009

I checked at 11:37am. They said they were out. That was quick.

Attached Files

CB posted this 27 January 2009

Wow that was fast, less than a half of a hour..

Jimkim, I gotta know, how do you pronounce that term you want to copyright??

BO-Hick- A -Nomics??

I would be in favor of OBAMANOMICS! also known as Liberalology or Democratities..

Or the lifestyles of the givin-it-all-away crowd..

I just checked my usual supplier and was greeted by this message at their website:

Due to high order volume we are running approximately 12 days behind on shipping orders. We are currently processing orders placed Wednesday, January 14th. Please accept our apologies for the delay. We hope to return to operations as usual within the next couple weeks.

Thank you for your understanding!

Attached Files

jimkim posted this 27 January 2009

BO HEE KAA

Bend Over Here It Comes Again BOHICAnomics

Attached Files

CB posted this 27 January 2009

Ah I see it has the same definition as the terms I use!

Face it folks, we are screwed! or Fifwas.. Almost looks like a word in arabic or farsi...

Attached Files

CB posted this 31 January 2009

Checked in at my favorite shooting supply shop. Said he was getting a shipment of powder in. Checked back with him yesterday and got me 1 of the 2 kegs of Varget. Its out there, just keep looking.......Dan

Attached Files

Close