7MM BR Rem

• 1.3K Views
  • Last Post 30 September 2015
Capote posted this 16 August 2015

Does anyone have load info for the RCBS 145 Sil bullet with this cartridge?  

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Bud Hyett posted this 16 August 2015

Search the match reports from several years ago. The 7 mm BR Short of Jesse Miller in Long Range Handgun will give you a history to begin with. The cartridge is a shortened version of the 7mm BR and gives a starting point since the loads are for heavier bullets.   Several other shooters have shot the 7 mm BR in competition including myself. Once my desktop is fixed and returned, I'll dig in old technical sheets for the loads that I used.

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

Capote posted this 30 September 2015

BHyett,   I have searched match reports as far back as listed and found nothing.   Would appreciate anything you can provide when your up and running.    Thanks

Attached Files

highstandard40 posted this 30 September 2015

What will be your intended purpose? What firearm is it chambered in? I have a couple of 7BR XP100s. I have had good luck with AA2015 using that bullet and also H4895. For a light recoil load many people have used SR4759 at about 20 grains but that powder has been discontinued.

Attached Files

Capote posted this 30 September 2015

HighStandard40,  same handgun.  To use for targets.   Thanks

Attached Files

highstandard40 posted this 30 September 2015

H322 is another popular powder in the 7BR. That cartridge, much like the 7TCU, is not particularly picky about loads. Of course, bullet fit is the key to accuracy. Beyond that, I have found that whatever load worked with an equal weight jacketed bullet worked just as well with the RCBS bullet.

Attached Files

Bud Hyett posted this 30 September 2015

Send me your email address and I'll forward what I have. I have some QuickLoad datasheets for 7mm BR that give a range of loads for your trial.

[email protected]  

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

Close