8 mm Mauser Cases

• 1.3K Views
  • Last Post 08 August 2015
Bud Hyett posted this 05 August 2015

Does anyone have several hundred, or know a source of, 8 mm Mauser cases for reloading? Boxer primed, new or once fired?   PM me with details

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
JeffinNZ posted this 06 August 2015

I used to make mine from .30-06 brass.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

delmarskid1 posted this 07 August 2015

I make mine as well. If you know a buddy with a good power trimmer it's a quick job.

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 07 August 2015

Making your own 8X57 is an easy task with the right equipment. I purchased a Harbor Freight mini chop saw and a form and trim die from Redding (one of our sponsors and my personal favorite for reloading equipment) After forming in the Redding die, simply full length size and your set. I've converted over 100 30-06 cases without loosing a one, not even a shoulder dent. Gp

Attached Files

Bud Hyett posted this 07 August 2015

Making the cases from .30-'06 seems to be the answer. And the mini chop saw is intriguing  

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

gpidaho posted this 08 August 2015

Mr. Hyett: I picked up the mini saw for about 30 bucks when I started converting 223 to 300 blackout. It's a real life saver for shortening brass. Like all things Harbor Freight it has a few quirks. PM me if you get one and I'll run down what I've learned by trial and error. It will save you some frustration. Gp

Attached Files

Close