CBA NM RECORDS

• 5.7K Views
  • Last Post 09 February 2015
joeb33050 posted this 04 February 2015

I've got 1990 to 2014 except 1996, which has disappeared. There is no indication that accuracy at the national matches, or elsewhere, for cba shooting, has improved. Five shot 100 yard group averages under .5” remain a hurdle seldom topped. There appears to be no progress in 25 years. The workbooks showing the data sliced every which way are available on request.

See attached file.

Attached Files

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
pat i. posted this 04 February 2015

Where have you been Joe? I read about 1/4 inch and under groups all the time on the internet. BUT...... instead of pointing out the lack of accuracy progress why not spend the time at the range trying to improve on it? Not much gets accomplished in the small group department sitting in front of a keyboard.

Attached Files

pat i. wrote: Where have you been Joe? I read about 1/4 inch and under groups all the time on the internet. BUT...... instead of pointing out the lack of accuracy progress why not spend the time at the range trying to improve on it? Not much gets accomplished in the small group department sitting in front of a keyboard.Pat; not much got accomplished in the past 25 years with lotsa guys trying to shoot small cast groups. Even though they weigh everything in sight, bed the dickens out of guns, carefully choose primers, match pressure and alloy hardness, get that muzzle crowned perfectly, talk about harmonics, and search for sweet spots. Maybe a new approach would get results.Remember Pat, “If you don't look, you'll never see.", M. H. Pope

Attached Files

pat i. posted this 04 February 2015

Then stop looking backwards and start looking forward Joe.

“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” M. Jordan

Attached Files

pat i. wrote: Then stop looking backwards and start looking forward Joe.

“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” M. Jordan We got a lot of advice here, just no progress.

Attached Files

billwnr posted this 04 February 2015

The national records for CBA benchrest shows all records but one shot since year 2000. The sole one from the 20th century was in 1999.

Bob Brimley had an excellent article in the latest Fouling Shot about accuracy and what it takes to win a CBA national match. Bob definitely gave that article a lot of thought before putting it in writing.

Attached Files

billwnr wrote: The national records for CBA benchrest shows all records but one shot since year 2000. The sole one from the 20th century was in 1999.

Bob Brimley had an excellent article in the latest Fouling Shot about accuracy and what it takes to win a CBA national match. Bob definitely gave that article a lot of thought before putting it in writing. This isn't about world records, once in a lifetime. This is about all the records of cba nms since 1990- The whole megillah. All the groups. ALL. No score. Just groups.

Attached Files

billwnr posted this 04 February 2015

Maybe you need to look at the records again as you have things wrong. Every time a record is set, it advances the level of accuracy forward.

You must be on one of your tears again.

Attached Files

billwnr wrote: Maybe you need to look at the records again as you have things wrong. Every time a record is set, it advances the level of accuracy forward.

You must be on one of your tears again.Bill, I'll be happy to send you the workbooks if you want. They cover the waterfront. For example, 5 shot 100 yard group averages. They bounce around, as expected, but no discernible trend. We've got 5/100, 10/10, 5/200, 10/200,  for pro, unr, hvy, pbb etc. Then we've got entrants by class by year. Any way you want to slice or dice. It's all there, bill, and free for the asking.  >

Attached Files

Bill, here's 10 at 100.

See attachment.

Attached Files

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 05 February 2015

Joe,

Is this data from everybody that shot in the match? Does it look different if you just calculate the top three shooters each year? Does experience at shooting matches help?

Ric

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 05 February 2015

RicinYakima wrote: Joe,

Is this data from everybody that shot in the match? Does it look different if you just calculate the top three shooters each year? Does experience at shooting matches help?

RicRic;All groups, no scores. First are the averages hnt, hvy, pbb, pro, unr; for 5/100, 5/200, 10/100 and 10/200--of all shooters who completed all 4 matches. Next is how many shooters there were in each class, hnt, hvy... in each year. Then, on a separate workbook are first to fifth place finishers by class by year. Then there are graphs showing, ex: hvy, first through fifth, each year. This workbook is only for 5/100 because of the work required. And no, it doesn't look different if only the first place finisher, or top 2 or top 5 are looked at.

Attached Files

Tom Acheson posted this 05 February 2015

Joe, Maybe someone already sent you this? Tom

Attached Files

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 06 February 2015

Tom Acheson wrote: Joe, Maybe someone already sent you this? Tom Tom;Thanks; I've got it all in now. joe b.

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 07 February 2015

I find that I also need the 2000 CBA National Match results. Would someone please scan and send?Thanks;joe b.

Attached Files

Tom Acheson posted this 07 February 2015

Joe,

I'll scan and send to you on Monday.

Tom

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 07 February 2015

Joe,

I would like a copy of your workbooks when they are complete, please.

Ric

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 09 February 2015

Ric Here's one.

Attached Files

joeb33050 posted this 09 February 2015

RicAnd the second one.

Attached Files

Attached Files

RicinYakima posted this 09 February 2015

Thank you Joe. Ric

Attached Files

OU812 posted this 09 February 2015

I noticed that the RCBS 165gr SIL bore riding bullet won the 1996 benchrest match.

Attached Files

Show More Posts
Close