NOE 269 145gr FN

• 4.1K Views
  • Last Post 25 June 2014
ericp posted this 01 May 2014

Does anybody have any experience with this bullet in a Swedish Mauser (which is what I presume it is designed for)?  I'd like a mold that dropped bullets at throat diameter without having to resort to linotype.  The other option would be sending a mold out to have the bands opened up.  Thanks, Eric   http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=27>http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=27

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Dutch4122 posted this 02 May 2014

I just recently cast up a few of this design to try in my sporterized 6.5x53R Dutch Carbine.  The nose tapers from .265” just in front of the top groove to .259” at the ogive.  So, the top groove is not a lube groove, but more of a "scraper” groove.  Bands are .271” 2 weeks after casting.  My alloy usually grows to .001” over results with wheelweights. This design fits my carbine well so I intend to see how it shoots very soon.  The only Swede I have is a Ruger, so I can't help you with how this will fit a military throat.

Dutch4122 posted this 02 May 2014

My bad. I see now that you were asking about the 145 grain version NOE offers.

Guess I should've paid better attention.:thinking:

Attached Files

ericp posted this 02 May 2014

Thanks for the reply Matt. I don't see that design listed on their website but it's a mighty good looking bullet. Was it part of a special run?

Eric

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 03 May 2014

hi ericp if you ever happen to do a casting or slug upset of your chamber/throat please post it here.

in general the swedes do ( relatively ) better with mj bullets than cast ...i am on my 4th one now, hope to understand that a little better ...

ken

Attached Files

Dutch4122 posted this 03 May 2014

ericp wrote: Thanks for the reply Matt. I don't see that design listed on their website but it's a mighty good looking bullet. Was it part of a special run?

Eric
Yes, it was a special run a couple of years ago.  Swede Nelson is considering it for another run in the future.  He has a thread going “over there” with a poll and this design is one of the designs you can vote for. might be a good idea if you let him know you are interested.

Attached Files

ericp posted this 03 May 2014

I've got cerrosafe on order, will post the results of the chamber cast (though it may be a week or two).
Thanks for the info, I'll fire off an email to NOE.

Eric

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 05 May 2014

I have the 269 145. Goes pretty well in the Carcano.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

ericp posted this 05 May 2014

Jeff, What diameter bullets does it cast with a given alloy, if you don't mind me asking?

Eric

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 05 May 2014

ericp wrote: Jeff, What diameter bullets does it cast with a given alloy, if you don't mind me asking?

Eric In clip on WW mine throws at .270(ish). 

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

ericp posted this 06 May 2014

That's just what I was hoping to hear. Thanks,

Eric

Attached Files

madsenshooter posted this 22 May 2014

For the 163gr, .271 in lino. I've not had much luck with it, but can't say it's the design. Out of a couple Arisaka rifles I have they're going through the target sideways. I think it's because I formed my 6.5x257 brass from 30/06 and didn't turn the necks. They're chambering hard and the neck is likely sizing the bullet down.

Attached Files

Dutch4122 posted this 22 May 2014

I have 50 rounds loaded up with this bullet for my sporterized 6.5x53R Dutch 18” Carbine. Winchester brass was formed/trimmed to make the cases. My bore slugs .268” with a slight taper down at the end. I am sizing to .270"

2 loads, one with Blue Dot and the other with IMR4198, are going to be tested this week. Approximately 1,700 fps for the Blue Dot load and 1,900 fps for the IMR4198 load. Velocities estimated by Quickload.

Hopefully I won't be hitting the target sideways too! But, you just never know til you try it with these 6.5's.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 22 May 2014

several years ago i bot from LEE some group purchase oversize 6.5 molds ... by the time they finally arrived i had traded off my swedes ... great timing. then i traded off the molds. anyway, they knew how to make them then, maybe they still could run some more. i would spring for one ... again .

ken

Attached Files

ericp posted this 23 May 2014

Finally did a chamber cast, the throat measures .269". Just ordered the 145 gr version and will be keeping an eye out for the 160. Thanks,

Eric

Attached Files

Jeff Michel posted this 12 June 2014

The 163 Grain is available on NOE's web sight right now.

Attached Files

ericp posted this 25 June 2014

Thanks for the heads up, I just ordered one.

Eric

Attached Files

Close