Last summer I tried shooting at 300 yards. The elevation of the Weaver T24 was turned "UP" to the limit and remained at that setting for about 3 weeks. Later read that turning settings to max can ruin tension in spring. My question: is the Weaver Micro-Trac system susceptible to that problem? I have been calling and sending E-mails to Weaver for several weeks, but have not recieved a response. Cove
Weaver T24 Question
- 325 Views
- Last Post 13 March 2018
"Use Burris Signature rings and set the scope to have the 100 yard zero in the lower part of the adjustment track. This is now my preferred approach. "
I agree 100% with Bud on this issue. When I was shooting BR-50 my BSA International's European scope mount system required I have the Leupold scope on "down" almost as far as it would go. Not only limiting my windage adjustment, but also causing the scope to have to go for repairs every year. Leupold finally total me to use the Burris rings, and everything improved. HTH, Ric
The answer lies in several areas; both in the design and in the capabilities of the individual scope.
The Weaver T-series design is setup to alleviate this problem. The adjustments slide along a bar instead of the round lens, therefore, the adjustment is direct to the indicated direction versus sliding on a rounded surface when at the extreme range of adjustment.
The individual scope can be rough threaded in this area and the adjustment impacted by the machining. This means the adjustment bar can bind for several clicks and then let loose. Or the lubrication on the threaded rod can build up as you reach the limit and stick the adjustment (seldom happens).
- Run the adjustment completely up and down, then center and start again. This has worked for me on several scopes. Seems to clean the threads and redistribute the lubricant.
- Use Burris Signature rings and set the scope to have the 100 yard zero in the lower part of the adjustment track. This is now my preferred approach.
Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest
- All Categories
- General Polls
- Contact Us w/ Forum Issues
- Welcome to The Cast Bullet Association Forum
- Bullet Casting
Guns and Shooting
- AR Platform
- TC Contenders & Other Single Shot Handguns
- Informal Matches & Other Shooting Events
- Gunsmithing Tips
- Gun Cleaning & Maintenance
- Benchrest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Military Bench Rest Cast Bullet Shooting
- Silhouette Shooting
- Postal Match Cast Bullet Shooting
- Factory Guns
- Black Powder Cartridge
- Hand Guns
- Lever Guns
- Single Shot Rifles
- Bolt Action Rifles
- Military Surplus Rifles
- Plinkers Hollow
- Buy, Sell or Trade
- Other Information & Reference
This Weeks High Earners
- John Alexander 13
- cohenmj660 13
- Hornet 5
- 45 2.1 5
- Samari46 5
- Eutectic 4
- MarkinEllensburg 4
- M1fuzz 3
- Tom Acheson 3
- David Reiss 3