primers

• Last Post 13 October 2023
4895 posted this 12 October 2023

what's the story on large rifle primers? been searching the web and everyone's out, is there a shortage or what?

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Bud Hyett posted this 12 October 2023

You need to search all sources. The need for military ammunition has set the production lines to manufacturing small rifle and small pistol primers. The ammunition manufacturers only run enough large rifle primers for their own hunting ammunition. Any large rifle primers for reloading are immediately snapped up. 

Be careful of unknown websites, there are websites taking your money today with a promise to ship in two weeks. In two weeks they promise to ship within another two weeks. 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • sluggo
MP1886 posted this 13 October 2023

The military is still using the 7.62x51 which is a large rifle primers, but I believe the military primers for both large rifle and small rifle are the military type primer not used in commercial ammuniton. 

Right we're shipping ammo to Israel and they already got one shipment and also we are still supplying Ukraine. 

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 13 October 2023

...my elderly sheridan bluestreak is looking better and better ....

i did find some RWS large primers from 1984 ...  

... and i have been shooting primers from tearing down old 1966 military " 308 "

geeeesh ...

Attached Files

dannyd93140 posted this 13 October 2023

this is a good way to search, make an account then look under Reloading.

https://ammoseek.com/

Attached Files

Hornet posted this 13 October 2023

They're out there, they're just obscenely expensive. Last gun show I was at, they wanted $150/thousand for CCI Large Rifle or Winchester LR MAG. I've switched to playing with the calibers that use Small Rifle since I've got more of that size.

Attached Files

delmarskid posted this 13 October 2023

Target Sports has Remington lg. rifle primers offered at 115.00. I buy my rimfire stuff from them. They are a legitimate online store. Quick shipping and articles are well packed.

Attached Files

lotech posted this 13 October 2023

Target Sports is among the best places to buy many things. I'm still well-stocked on large rifle primers from before the shortages, but I'd pay $115.00 a thousand if I had none and that was the best deal I could find. I certainly wouldn't want to do without as I waited for $40 primers like some seem to be doing. They'll die of old age before that happens. I learned years ago to buy in cartons of 5,000. 

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • delmarskid
Close