Military Nationals

  • 123 Views
  • Last Post 29 April 2020
John Carlson posted this 29 April 2020

Sorry to inform that we will be unable to hold the CBA Military Nationals in June as planned.  We are looking into alternative dates to shoot at Hawkeye as well as other possibilities.

Holding public office should be viewed as an obligation to serve, not an opportunity to rule.

Attached Files

  • Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 29 April 2020

Sorry to here that John!  I have been looking for and trying to schedule RV parks from Yakima to Sioux City for a couple of weeks. It was not looking good as the Mid-West is a month behind us on lock down.

Attached Files

  • Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Bud Hyett posted this 29 April 2020

Seeing if there can be a Plan "B" is a good step. I also am sorry to hear this, but not surprised. The area around Sioux Falls is just now experiencing the impact that was here in the Settle area six weeks ago. These are serious times, I understand and appreciate the work that went into this decision.

The next question is the Benchrest Nationals in September as the attendees are mostly older and in several of the at-risk groups. Perhaps by Memorial Day the CBA can send a questionnaire to the total membership about planned attendance to aid in their planning. Like Ric with his travel plans, I may have to travel in a pickup camper to stay isolated and need to know the scenario as soon as possible to be able to plan. 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 29 April 2020

We have a signed contract with Pioneer Gun Club for the CBA National Tournament in September. 

Ed Camp has sent application forms for the National Tournament to Glenn as usual and they will be in the next Fouling Shot.  

Of course, we don't know at this point if it will be advisable, or even possible, to go ahead, or if we do go ahead there will be enough attendance to make it worthwhile. It may be perfectly rational, especially for older members, to stay away even if it is held. As you might expect, Pioneer's range is presently closed with an unknown opening date.  

Asking for returned entry forms including the entry fee may get us somewhat firmer numbers for attendees than a questionnaire that would be much easier give a casual yes to. Making decisions under extreme uncertainty isn't fun but it's what we are stuck with.

I plan to send in my entry fee as soon as it comes out and I hope others will as well if they are serious about attending so we have some idea of the numbers of the willing.

Of course, we will refund all entry fees if the tournament isn't held.

Another issue maybe only of interest to Board members, is that if we don't get a quorum for our Annual Meeting we will conduct it by email afterward.

John

 

Attached Files

Close