opinions please

• 1.8K Views
  • Last Post 23 July 2009
rbdave posted this 02 June 2009

about 8yrs ago i purchased a taurus raging bull, ss 83/8 very nice revolver. last fall while checking sights for new cast load for deer it became inoperable. in the meanwhile father in law had heart attack and pistol did not get sent in untill december. they recieved it 12-16-08. was in contact with taurus several times (10-12) was told it had te be replaced and my weapon was destroyed .finally was told yesterday it was shipped and recieved by my local ffl. called and confirmed arrival. went and picked up gun and filled out paperwork.didnt notice untill i got home that this new pistol is in bad cosmetic shape, actually a lot worse than my old gun that was several years old.seems  like a seconds gun. my question is do i contact them and send it back again for 6 more months or do i give up/ lay down and keep it?keep in mind that i dont intend to ever sell it but these marks would severly discount resale value. just feel like i was taken. have another taurus that i like very well but dont think after this i want any more.warranty stood up very well but service was very bad.

thanks rb dave

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
JetMech posted this 03 June 2009

Be persistant, dave. I've heard others having problems with Taurus. I had a problem with the rear sight on my Browning. Excessive play and the apeture did not lock the vertical adjustment. Sent it in and when it came back, nothing had been done to it. Sent it in again, came back looking like Bubba had worked on it. File marks all over. The apeture problem was fixed but the sight still had alot of play. Sent it in again, this time preceded by a phone call. As soon as a tech got on the line, I asked to speak to the shop manager. I included a letter in with the sight detailing the problems I had with the sight as well as their service. Shortly after, I received a call from someone in management and 2 weeks later, received a brand new sight that works perfectly.

Bottom line, be persistant, elevate the issue to upper management, and emphasize that, in the age of the internet, poor customer service, as well as good, can be made know word-wide in a matter of seconds.

Attached Files

CB posted this 03 June 2009

I agree! If they sent you a poorly finished piece, then contact them and complain. Do as Bill has suggested above.

Attached Files

BruceV posted this 03 June 2009

Send it back and request a proper replacement. JMHO. Sincerely. Bruce.

Attached Files

rbdave posted this 03 June 2009

this pistol looks as if it was dragged by a truck for a couple blocks. called them back and was advised to return it again for evaluation. when asked why i was sent such a poor replacement he could not tell me. they are sending fedex tomorrow to pick it up. i am getting more disappointed every time i think about it. probably have to deer hunt with my shotgun again this year or my RUGER!! .enough said

Attached Files

JetMech posted this 05 June 2009

It really makes me wonder. You said it became “inoperable".  What could possibly been so bad that they had to destroy it?

Attached Files

rbdave posted this 05 June 2009

i took sideplate off and looked. anchor pin for trigger was cnc into frame, design was very small and it looks like it just broke off.frame would have to be replaced or a gunsmith could have fixed it. i probably could fix it myself but might not be pretty and warranty would be void. knowing what i do now i would have had it repaired as this has been going on approx 6 MONTHS

Attached Files

rbdave posted this 05 June 2009

looked tracking up and they did recieve it this morning. If their svc was only as good as fedex! only 17 hrs to go1200 miles with several stops/checkins

Attached Files

rbdave posted this 20 July 2009

hey i am getting another new pistol, again. we'll see if they get it right this time. was told this morning by telephone (first time they have called since december) that my pistol was destroyed (again) and a new one would be shipped as soon as they get their shipment, supposedly in approx 10 days.their warranty stands up well and their svc reps are ok as i have talked to probably all of them but their actual repair dept policy  s~~ks.my next pistol will be something else ie smith or ruger.i was told too many lies to deal with these people again.thanks for listening  and to forewarn of any nonexistent quick taurus repairs

Attached Files

rbdave posted this 23 July 2009

recieved my bull today. looks ok, it is the one i sent back but they called a couple days ago and said it was destroyed and a new one would be at my door in 10 or so days. it would be awful if they screwed up and sent me another in 10 days like they said. maybe a little for pain and suffering?:D:D it only took 6 weeks or so this time. will see if it will shoot tomorrow afternoon

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 23 July 2009

I think they need to send you a NIB just for pain and suffering, this has gone on quite a while now.  I can't believe it's that bad.

Attached Files

Close