.32 MAG RUGER

• 4K Views
  • Last Post 15 November 2008
linoww posted this 29 May 2008

My neighbor is thinking about buying himself a mold for his new pistol.It is Ruger Single Six vaquero style .32 MAG.I only have a couple of .32 pistol molds and they are RN type.What is anyones experience with FN or SWC style designs in the Ruger chambers . He would like to shoot about a 115-120g bullet.What mold # or MFG do you use.Prefer PB to save cost.I am steering him towards LBT so far.

Input?........

George 

"if it was easy we'd let women do it" don't tell my wife I said that!

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
RicinYakima posted this 29 May 2008

George,

I'm sure it he follows LBT's protocols, he will get an excellent mould.

For over the counter moulds, the most accurate one in my Ruger SS is the RCBS 98 grains SWC. Joe's mould cast WW's at 0.315 and sizes nicely to 0.313, the crimp groove is in exactly the right place and with 4.0 grains of WW231 is its favorite bullet.

Ric

Attached Files

runfiverun posted this 30 May 2008

similar to rick

sept put in rnfp where it says swc.

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 30 May 2008

I'd also vote for slugging the cylinder throats and having Veral custom bore a mould which fits.  While I have a plethora of .32 revolver moulds, the most accurate I have is an LBT .312-105FNBB which I was made to fit my Single Six.  It shoots the best in my various .32 S&W Long revolvers also.  The  .xls sheet won't import, so you'll have to download it...

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

linoww posted this 30 May 2008

similar to rick

sept put in rnfp where it says swc.

Is it the “cowboy” bullet you are talking about?

George

"if it was easy we'd let women do it" don't tell my wife I said that!

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 30 May 2008

linoww wrote: Is it the “cowboy” bullet you are talking about? Yes.  Bevel-based “Cowboy” bullet with .303 bore riding nose, tangent ogive with .20 meplat, angled crimp groove,  driving bands .313, round lube groove, bevel base. 

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

Lloyd Smale posted this 01 June 2008

a few of my favoirte 32 molds are the lbt 120 rfgc the balistic cast 120 swcgc ballistic cast 105 swcpb and the rcbs 98 swcpb. these bullets have all proved to be accurate in all of my 32s. Ive got others i use but these 4 seem to be the most consistantly accurate bullets in all the guns ive tested.

Attached Files

NoDakJak posted this 11 June 2008

The Lyman 311008 followed closely by the RCBS 98 grain slug have been the most accurate in the six test guns that I have used during the last several years.  I don't load for the last fps and prefer 2400 and ZIP powders.  Have fun!   Neil     

Attached Files

argie1891 posted this 13 June 2008

i have found that the rcbs bullet with 2.9 gr. of green dot works well in my ruger bisley 32mag. but then most anything shoots well in it.   joe gifford

if you think you have it figured out then you just dont understand

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 30 June 2008

I'm very partial to two of Lyman's no longer manufactured moulds .

The 90 grain 311419GC and the 115 grain 311316GC .

Attached Files

Ed Harris posted this 15 August 2008

6pt-sika wrote: I'm very partial to two of Lyman's no longer manufactured moulds . The 90 grain 311419GC and the 115 grain 311316GC NEI has a mould which is almost a dead ringer for the old #311316, their #74 

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 28 August 2008

Ed Harris wrote: 6pt-sika wrote: I'm very partial to two of Lyman's no longer manufactured moulds . The 90 grain 311419GC and the 115 grain 311316GC NEI has a mould which is almost a dead ringer for the old #311316, their #74 

Thats good to know I just may have to order a 6 banger  in the #74 !

I have a single and a double 311316 now , but a 6 hole would be alot more fun to say the least !

About 3 months ago I ourchased a 25 cal 114 grain FN GC mould to use in my 25-36 Marlin (also a 6 hole mould) and the quality seems to be very good . Although to be honest I have not had time to do a whole lot with the mould so far !

Attached Files

hunterspistol posted this 15 November 2008

In reference to the RCBS 98 grain SWC, I have one that I've used for 32-20. But, I had a 'senior' moment and bought 2 of the same mould. So, I do have one New In Box that I'd part with.

Let me know if he'd want one.

Attached Files

Close