Casual Pinking

• 3.2K Views
  • Last Post 10 March 2008
CB posted this 04 March 2008

I was able to get out this past sunday to do some casual plinking and load work on a couple of my favorite pistol in preparation for the upcoming hunter class benchrest pistol match next weekend. I was having a rather good day to say the least. I wanted to post a couple of the better targets here to see if we can get others to do the same.

Here is one of the better targets shooting the 30 Carbine Ruger Blackhawk using 32/20 bullets and 4.6gr. of Bullseye (should make Ed Harris Proud!)

usrimages/30carb.jpg

Here is the one with the Ruger SRH 44 Mag. 260gr. Keith style bullet, 6.7grs of Bullseye.

usrimages/44mag.jpg

Both were shot at a 25 yard indoor range.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ed Harris posted this 05 March 2008

Here is a target from sandbags with one of my other .32s, my “$150 Wonder” a CZ27

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

And here's another with the Mauser HSc

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

But best illustration yet, this is the difference between the issue Italian barrel in my Beretta M1935, and my custom one machined from a Hart 14-inch twist stainless .308 blank and chambered to headspace on the case mouth!

Attached Files

Scott Merchant posted this 05 March 2008

Thats quite an improvement Ed, worth the effort of changing barrels I would say.

Scott

Attached Files

CB posted this 05 March 2008

Now thats what I talkin about right there!

Definately worth changing the barrel!

Attached Files

Yes, but it was NOT a minor investment in either time or money:

Custom reamer from JGS to my print: $165

Custom headspace gages to my prints $55

Pro-rated cost "chunk” of Hart barrel    $55 

7 hrs machine time + gunsmith labor  Don't Ask!

Having a .32 ACP which shoots “almost like a target pistol..."

PRICELESS!

Attached Files

Gotta Love-it when your living the dream   :cool::cool:   Scott

Attached Files

Scott Merchant wrote: Gotta Love-it when your living the dream   :cool::cool:   Scott Primary advantage of NOT having a live-in She Who Must be Obeyed at home 8-)

Attached Files

CB posted this 05 March 2008

You have been watchin too much TV Ed...

On another note... A perfect reason to buy a lathe!

Attached Files

My wife say that if I don't get my willful misconduct under control that she will take half of my toys away.   :dude:

Scott

Attached Files

Dale53 posted this 09 March 2008

My wife and I will be celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary this coming June. She has supported me in ALL of my sometimes questionable activities (even when I raced motorcycles for ten years). I doubt that I would be anywhere near as successful without her presence all of these years (and we have three fine children and four grand children as a result of that union).

She is not the least interested in my shooting but has accompanied me to matches, motorcycle races and extended camping trips. We have traveled extensively in this country and Europe and she is the best traveling companion anyone could ask for. Never bitches about the weather or flat tires, or whatever negative things that happen. You might say that I kind of like her:D.

At any rate, here is a target or two of mine with my 625-8:

Both targets shot standing at 25 yards, slowfire.

Dale53

Attached Files

Dale53 posted this 09 March 2008

For some reason, I can't seem to get both images in the same post. Here is the other one:

Dale53

P.S. I get a target like this about three out of eight when things are going well. Of course, to a Master Class pistol shot this is kind of small potatoes but at my age, 72, and with poor vision, I am quite happy that I can do this “nearly” on demand.:D

Attached Files

CB posted this 09 March 2008

Thats really good Dale..

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 09 March 2008

Ed Harris wrote: Scott Merchant wrote: Gotta Love-it when your living the dream   :cool::cool:   Scott Primary advantage of NOT having a live-in She Who Must be Obeyed at home 8-)

Well I am in between live in she's ! Already had a pair of “registered” she's who are both no longer legally “registered” to me .>

Am in the process of possibly getting “registered” she #3 , but only time will tell !

So with that thought perhaps I should add to my toy collection a good bit more before I have another “registered” she partner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files

CB posted this 10 March 2008

I would consider gettting a pre-registered agreement that allows you to keep all of your toys in the event this one becomes un-registered.

The targets I have above were shot with my “registered” live in she's gun.. I guess I am very fortunate to have one that enjoys the outdoors, hunting, fishing and shooting as much as I do. The fact that I bought her the gun for christmas should count for something, and I get to use it whenever I want, unless she is using it at the time.

Attached Files

Close