More Powder !

• Last Post 24 December 2016
6pt-sika posted this 30 July 2016

Well I just kind of backed into an 8 pounder of Unique and an 8 pounder of W296 . The Unique will be used in the 10 and 16 gauge guns . The 296 should keep my 410's going for ten or so years !!!!!

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ed Harris posted this 30 July 2016

Good score! Congrats!

73 de KE4SKY In Home Mix We Trust From the Home of Ed's Red in "Almost Heaven" West Virginia

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 30 July 2016

I may get an additional 8 pounder of both as my friend has four 8 pounders of both . Another mutual friend wants a couple of each as well . Don't think I'd ever use 16 pounds of 296 but if I have it on hand I sure don't need to worry about finding it . Might lay in some Magnum grade shot as he also has about a ton of #8 and #9 .

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 15 August 2016

Ended up getting two eights of Unique an eight of 296 and five bags of shot from my friend Friday . Today I was at the Virginia Hunting Show in Richmond and slid by one of the local shops and got a fiver of Blue Dot !

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 15 September 2016

Someone gave me a pound of rather old Red Dot a couple days ago . I loaded a couple 10 gauge 2 7/8” 1 1/4 ounce loads with 20.2 grains and they worked okay . I had been thinking I wanted some Green Dot now I think I want some Red Dot as well . Perhaps two eight pounders of each . Five pounders of RL-15 , RL-17 and RL-19 . And an 8 of IMR4831 . I suppose I should lay i a couple more pounds of US-869 as well . 

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 18 October 2016

Well I just added some more powder to my accumulation . Two pounds RL-10x , two pounds RL-15 , two pounds RL-19 , two pounds Lil Gun , two pounds US-869 , two pounds IMR4831 , two pounds CFE223 and a pound of Benchmark . 

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 19 December 2016

Red Dot and Green Dot kinda have my interest at the moment . The Green should cover a fair amount of applications . And a guy on the Parker forum is getting some decent very light short 10 gauge loads that interest me .

Attached Files

SierraHunter posted this 19 December 2016

Red Dot and Green Dot kinda have my interest at the moment . The Green should cover a fair amount of applications . And a guy on the Parker forum is getting some decent very light short 10 gauge loads that interest me .

I'm wondering how close the new IMR powders are gonna be to the old Dot powders.

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 21 December 2016

IMR powders are the old DuPont powders . All theDot powders are Alliant powders IE the old Hercules powders .

Attached Files

SierraHunter posted this 21 December 2016

Correct. 2017, IMR is bringing out 5 new powders called Red, Green, Blue, Unequal and Target, and I have a hunch they are gonna be very close to Red Dot, Green Dot, Blue Dot, Unique and Bullseye.

Attached Files

6pt-sika posted this 24 December 2016

Correct. 2017, IMR is bringing out 5 new powders called Red, Green, Blue, Unequal and Target, and I have a hunch they are gonna be very close to Red Dot, Green Dot, Blue Dot, Unique and Bullseye.
I suspect the new powders of which you speak or more then likely to replace the three SR powders and the PB powder they discontinued a year or so ago . Although the W572 I was told is supposed to be fairly similar to SR7625 .

Attached Files

SierraHunter posted this 24 December 2016

That's very possible. I always have liked SR4756 quite well.

Attached Files

Eddie Southgate posted this 24 December 2016

Congratulations . The Unique is my all time favorite powder. There just ain't much you can't do with it and it has been hard to come by so it is a real score in my opinion . 

Eddie

Grumpy Old Man With A Gun......Do Not Touch .

Attached Files

Close