Record 600 Yard Group

• 3K Views
  • Last Post 02 January 2015
OU812 posted this 06 November 2014

Not with cast bullets, but still interesting. Now he needs to back that up with a matching second, third and forth group just like that amazing group.   http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/05/amazing-wagner-shoots-0-349-50-2x-group-at-600-yards/>http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/05/amazing-wagner-shoots-0-349-50-2x-group-at-600-yards/

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
billwnr posted this 06 November 2014

Gun doesn't seem to have a “flyer” problem.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 06 November 2014

i am as awed by this group as anyone, but do remember that some flyers do fly inward ...

ken

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 06 November 2014

Great group but I am more impressed by the 1.6” agg.  Unbelievable. John

Attached Files

billglaze posted this 15 November 2014

Amazing to me is the hard-holding involved.  I can't even hold that close at 600 yards, let alone have that kind of inherent accuracy in the rifle. Bill

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is. My fate is not entirely in Gods hands, if I have a weapon in mine.

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 15 November 2014

{Jeff faints at his computer}

That's insane. I'd be happy with that at 50m!

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

corerf posted this 17 November 2014

He performed a bunch of case prep on that brass. I heard somewhere recently that case prep was insignificant.

I think Id like to ask Wagner if he omitted his case prep, how he would do.

Heard that about crowns. Ill bet Mr. Wagner has a crooked one made with an old rat tail file. I heard that somewhere recently too.

I shoot that group at 1/3 that distance with my 22-250, does that count? Yeah, I figured it wouldn't. Ive never shot further since I can't see the target or the hillside behind it, but I should try anyway. Just to see if I can hit the target AT ALL, with any rounds!

Also if you do the math, the statistics say he needs to shoot at least 10000 groups to get that one to be validated. Might have been a fluke. Always follow up with the math! I hope he has a bunch of hand loads and extra time. He's got a bunch more work to do. I heard that somewhere recently too.

in all seriousness, even though everything I typed before this sentence was serious........ Thats one heck of a group. A kid with a sharp pencil couldn't get it that tight if he was stabbing those holes up close.

Thanks to the OP for the post. That was fun to show my kid. Im stunned, so is he.

Attached Files

Hamish posted this 02 January 2015

The truly ill thing about is the rifle was stolen.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/06/world-record-rifle-and-second-br-gun-stolen-from-r-wagner/

Attached Files

goodsteel posted this 02 January 2015

That really is terrible! I remember when Wagner shot that group. I memorized everything about the rifle and the cartridge (specifically, did you notice he jumped the bullet .020 to the lands? Wow.) What a heartbreaker. I hope he recovers his rifle. 

Attached Files

Close