WTTRADE for 30-30 Win Dies

• Last Post 6 days ago
G.Chapman posted this 2 weeks ago

Hey Guys,  I just purchased a Henry Lever Gun in 30-30, ignorantly thinking I would pick up a set of dies while waiting for the DOJ to declare me fit to own such a weapon. Well, like everything else we need nowadays, not a die set to be found anywhere!  

So, looking through my die inventory I have found die sets in the following calibers that I no longer need. If any of you folks see a set you need and would be willing to trade straight-up for a set of 30-30 dies, let me know.. 

.30 Herrett w/ separate trim die. / RCBS

.22 Hornet. 2 die set / Lyman

.38 Special 3 die set / RCBS

.222 Remington 2 die set / Lyman

.25-06 Remington  2 die set / RCBS

.270 Remington 2 die set / RCBS

Let me know if anything interests you!

Thanks, Gary Chapman

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ross Smith posted this 2 weeks ago

I just checked ebay---89 results for 30-30 dies.

Attached Files

G.Chapman posted this 1 weeks ago

Hi Ross.. I peroused some of the offers on Ebay myself, but looked like somewhat inflated prices. And, I just thought that something sitting on my shelf here might be of use to one of the guys here!  Rather make a mutually beneficial trade with one of US than pay a scalper. Hell, if someone here needs one of these die sets I have absolutely no need for I'd probably give it to 'em for postage! 

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • Bud Hyett
RicinYakima posted this 1 weeks ago

You are a good man, G.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
mashburn posted this 1 weeks ago

Chapman, 

I've got a gallon can of odds and ends dies. If I happen to have a set of 30-30 you can have them for postage. I can't remember seeing 30-30 dies in the can but I will double check.

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Bud Hyett posted this 1 weeks ago

If either person does not find any, let me know. I'm sure I have some and am willing to trade for something, but the dies you offer I have already.

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

David & Bud.... Thanks to both of you guys.  If you come up with something let me know. I appreciate the consideration.  Never in my life would I have thought that I would have to search high & low for a set of 30-30 dies!  We won't even mention BRASS!  Somewhere along the line all my 30-30 brass became .30 Herrett brass. Thankfully I have a friend locally with a bucket full...  Bud, I think I have a couple of .45 cal moulds that would be appropriate for .45-70 that I have no use for. If you happen to find a die set I'll get mould #s and see if they might be something you need..  Thanks again!

Attached Files

Bud Hyett posted this 1 weeks ago

What do you have to trade for .30-30 brass? I've got 500 or so rounds. You can save me from buying a rifle to use it up in. Possibly have some unfired brass I bought for my .30 Herrett project.

Marlin said they would soon offer a 26 inch octagon rifle in .30-30 at the 2016 Louisville, KY NRA Annual Meeting. I've been holding on to the brass for that rifle which now may never appear. If I trade the brass, then they will offer the rifle. 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

ALYMAN#1 posted this 1 weeks ago

I have a set of Lee dies that I can part with and can probably cobble together some brass if no one else puts anything together.  Don't need any thing in your list.  I am in SC and will put the stuff in the cheapest postal box, if you so desire.  Let me know.

Al

Attached Files

Thanks for the offer Bud!  I don't want to be responsible for you having a 26" octagon barreled Marlin, and insufficient brass. . Sure as heck you part with the brass and Marlin will announce release of the new rifle!  However, if there is something specific you need I'd be happy to see if I have it. I have buckets of .45 ACP brass, but everybody has that! Thanks again!

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett

Al, PM sent.. Thanks!

Attached Files

mashburn posted this 6 days ago

Chapman,

Please forgive my forgetful mind. I got busy today and forgot about looking for extra 30-30 dies. I just returned from my shop looking for such critters. I'm sorry to say that , there was about everything else in the way of dies in the can, but not any 30-30 dies.

Sorry

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

G.Chapman posted this 6 days ago

Thanks for checking David,  I really appreciate it. Looks like ALYMAN has found a set he can part with,  so I should be in business.  What a great bunch of fellows we have here in the CBA!  Very generous and helpful group of guys... Thanks again!

Attached Files

Close