WTS: 2# of IMR SR4756

• Last Post 23 April 2021
admiral posted this 20 April 2021

As I have plenty of supplies I though I'd offer this to anyone in need of powder. If anyone in the St. Louis, MO area is in need of pistol powder I have 2 pounds of factory sealed IMR SR4756. This powder (purchased 2015) is now discontinued and has a burn speed close to Alliant Herco and Accurate #5. Plenty of data out there for .38 Special, .357 Mag, 9mm, .40 S&W, .44 Spec/Mag, .45 ACP, .45 Colt. Local pick up only. $35 per pound

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Spindrift
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
admiral posted this 23 April 2021

The powder is at my place of employment which is about 1.5 miles off I-55 at the southern St. Louis city / St. Louis county border. It's pretty easy to get to. Unlike if you had to wind through the 'burbs to get to my residence.

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 23 April 2021

Paul,

That is a generous offer, but St. Lewis is a big city as you know.  So unless the detour to pick up the powder was really small I wouldn't want the Pollard team to be delayed.  Your trip is long enough as it is.

John

Attached Files

Paul Pollard posted this 23 April 2021

If the National Match is on, we come through St Louis on the way to Pioneer. Make a slight detour, pick up the powder and deliver to John at the match.

Let me know if everyone is serious.

Ken, we normally do have a mini swap meet at the match. In fact, that's where I got my current pea shooter. I almost passed it by, thinking it was a boat anchor...some days it is.

Paul

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 23 April 2021

hi johna ... maybe the 21 nats should be promoted as a rifle match and * Swap Meet *  ?? ...  maybe even an extra day for Trader's Day ...

i have some 1999 year unopened 5744 and cci small rifle primers i would trade for a good beagle pup ... about 1000 misc 22 prairie dog bullets i might trade for 100 lbs of scrap plinker lead ...

etc. etc.

just a thought ... 

ken

Attached Files

admiral posted this 21 April 2021

John,

I don't know anyone in the CBA personally and have never met another member face to face either. I don't participate in any form of match shooting. Maybe a member can help out?

Attached Files

John Alexander posted this 21 April 2021

I would really like to have those two pounds of 4756 it seems to be the perfect powder for the load I shoot in competition and I don't have much left but I'm a long ways from St. Lewis.  You don't happen to know anybody that's going to the CBA nationals in Kansas city do you?

I commend you for offering to share during a shortage at a far price with someone who could use it. Nice to have neighbors.

John

Attached Files

Close