WTB round nose 45 ACP.

• Last Post 26 April 2023
nworegonman posted this 18 April 2023

Hi All,  I have an Ideal 452 460 200gr mold.  I would like to try a 452374 225gr round nose for the 45 ACP.  Of course I see them on fleabay or new on other sites, but if somone has something collecting dust and wants to cut a guy a deal....!  I have to say when I started up with my 45-70 trapdoor, folks we very nice and super helpful.   I am very grateful!

If there are other good suggestions I would like to hear from you.

I intend on running some as lead and do some powder coating and sizing as needed.  I generally run lighter loads.  I am using 4.5gr of TiteGroup behind the 200gr I have.

Thanks for your consideration,

Nick

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
vmwilson posted this 20 April 2023

452374 is the one I settled on for my meager needs as I think the 1911's prefer that shape.  Have 2 different DC moulds and a number of bullets from the one I generally use most.  With my alloy they run in the 214 gr. range I'm thinking.  Little under 1% Sn and around 2% Sb.  Can't find my records on the particular alloy at the moment but that's what it usually is around when I've done a batch.

I ran a small batch a couple weeks back that are not sized or lubed and also have some lubed with LBT Blue and sized at .452".  I'd be glad to fix you up with some if that'll help.  I'm not a paid up member of CBA anymore so best reach me with email at [email protected] and we'll figure something out.

Mike

Mike

Attached Files

nworegonman posted this 20 April 2023

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for the very kind offer!  I have a 452 460 SWC that I have to try yet.  I am looking for the mold itself.  I bid on an OHAUS 225gr mold and am hoping to try that out. I think it is very simolar in sape and weight to the 452 374.   TBD on the weight.   I have some mixed harder lead and a bunch of very soft lead.  Where do you get your Sn and Sb to make up your alloy?

Nick

Attached Files

vmwilson posted this 20 April 2023

I use Rotometals. Have used both #460 and #488 in the past w/o any problems but sold them long ago.

Mike

Attached Files

Eutectic posted this 20 April 2023

You should add RCBS 45-230 RN to your look list. I had one but sold it as they only made them in 2 cavity which was slow for the amount I shoot.

I have an Accurate 45-231 B in 3 cavity iron we can talk about if you are interested.

If you want antimony I have several pounds if you can handle the alloying. PM me.

Steve

Attached Files

nworegonman posted this 26 April 2023

Thanks All,

I did get the mold OHAUS 45 225 round nose dual cavity.  I am shopping for large handles now.... LOL.  Thanks all with the help on allow etc.

Regards,

Nick

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Shopdog
Close