WTB: 6.5x54 MS Dies

• Last Post 21 November 2021
  • Topic Is Solved
Rum River posted this 19 November 2021

Just found a 1903 Mannlicher-Schoenauer. Have a source for brass but need dies.

"Well hell boys. I'd damn sight rather be hung by my friends than by a bunch'a damn strangers."

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Rum River posted this 21 November 2021

Bdrake71,

Thanks for your very kind offer, I actually found some RCBS dies yesterday for that very price.

I stopped by my friend's house after the gun show to settle the deal for the brass. He had dies, virgin RWS brass and 500+ reloads. The reason he was hanging onto the dies was to feed his own "shooter grade" 1903 MS. I solved that predicament by buying the carbine plus everything else! The reloads are all in Norma brass, once everything is pulled I'll be in very good shape.

"Well hell boys. I'd damn sight rather be hung by my friends than by a bunch'a damn strangers."

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • bdrake71
  • Ken Campbell Iowa
bdrake71 posted this 21 November 2021

RCBS currently offers a 2-die set for $80 on their webpage
https://www.rcbs.com/dies-and-shell-holders/rifle-dies/6.5mmx54-mannlicher-schoenauer-full-length-die-set---group-d---bottleneck-rifle-cartridges/16-27701.html

I've got an older RBCS 2-die set I'll let you have for $50 including shipping.  They are cardboard box era but I'll ship them in a plastic die box for you as well.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Shopdog
Shopdog posted this 19 November 2021

Recently found an older(cardboard box era) set on ebabe $100,ouch.

I looked for years,half hearted

Attached Files

Shopdog posted this 19 November 2021

Can't edit on here...

Should be;halfheartedly until the recent acquisition of a cpl 6.5 moulds. And some other factors... never could pull the trigger on the dies because of the $$.

Good luck with your search. Oh yeah,the RCBS dies are nicely finished.

Attached Files

Time will tell. I guess it serves me right for buying a 100 year old rifle, lol.

There's a gun show this weekend, now I have an excuse for going. (Like I needed one.)

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 19 November 2021

... i would get the brass and then see if i could crutch up some "  reloading dies " ...

if they only need neck work, simple bushing " dies " might work .. and lee collet dies can be easily altered ..

if the base end of the brass is tight, bushing squeezers can size just that part also.  

for seating, a " sawed off " 6.5 swede die with a bushing/shim guide in the bottom should work.

i just bot some nice Herters 270 dies for $12, don't give up.

good luck .... ken

Attached Files

Ken, thanks for the ideas. If I'm unable to locate a die set I'll be following through on your ideas.

Attached Files

bdrake71 posted this 21 November 2021

Fair enough!  Good shooting!  I'll just put them back on the shelf for a future 6.5 Dutch project I have planned.

Attached Files

Close