Winchesters 6.8 Western

• Last Post 05 June 2021
[email protected] posted this 18 March 2021

I can't help myself but ask, why would any ammo manufacture bring out a new round when we can't buy ammo for what we already have? Just saying.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • mashburn
  • JeffinNZ
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
JeffinNZ posted this 20 March 2021

I tend to agree however if this serves to stimulate the firearms market then it is a good thing.  Whether or not we are interested as long as the industry is bouyant things will keep going.  There have been a lot of solutions to problems that don't exist in recent years but it keeps the industry in business. 

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Tim DeMarais
  • M3 Mitch
Bud Hyett posted this 18 March 2021

The cartridge and rifle makers need to introduce something to keep sales going. Colt and Winchester greatest sales marketing venture began when Cherry's Sporting Goods, then also a gas station, in Geneseo, Illinois introduced commemorative guns. The Colt 1911 and Winchester 94 for years had several new editions each year and to have a full collection, you bought each one.

Today the move is introducing new cartridges, you must have the latest. The 6.8 mm cartridge is a copy of the .270 Winchester in a short action rifle. Not for me, I loved my .270 and gave it to my son. I'm trying to standardize my calibers, bore diameters, and rifles. 

Relax, even in normal times, the introduction of a new cartridge or rifle meant you would not see it on the dealer's shelves for twelve to eighteen months.

I'll stick to my Savage 99 .243 and Marlin 1895 .45-70 for hunting, 

Farm boy from Illinois, living in the magical Pacific Northwest

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • M3 Mitch
Little Debbie posted this 18 March 2021

Almost too obvious to even question. They are tone deaf to the real world. Love all the YouTube channels and magazine writers that seem to be fully supplied with powder, primers, brass, and bullets. And firearms.

Attached Files

[email protected] posted this 19 March 2021

I've had common bullets for my 6.5 x 55 on backordered since December. I guess the hype about the 6.5 Creedmore caused a run on the 6.5 bullets. I'm glad I have a 06 that shoots cast with accuracy and authority.   

Attached Files

Wheel Weights posted this 05 June 2021

Then we have the 17 Winchester rimfire ----

Attached Files

Close