Win 1895 30-40 Krag SRC assembly and disassembly instructions

• Last Post 07 January 2021
Samari46 posted this 02 January 2021

Have this old girl for some years. Took it apart to do some serious cleaning and don't remember how it goes back together. Bubba got to this one some years back. Home made dovetail for an old Winchester buckhorn rear barrel sight and a silver dime cut up for the front sight. Really would like to get her back in one piece and start casting some bullets when and if the ranges open up down here. So does anyone know of a source of instructions with a schematic diagram to get it back together. Would gladly pay any copy fees and postage. Thanks, Frank

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Samari46 posted this 07 January 2021

Many thanks for the video. Managed to get a copy of the instructions from a member of another forum. Hope fully will get her back together asap. All local ranges around here are closed due to the virus and Louisiana only got 45,000 doses of the Moderna vaccine.  Tried to get an appointment but supplies are very limited. One place had np appointments and the other just picks up the phone and then back down. Effectively cutting off your call. Gonna be a long winter. Thanks again for all your help. Very much appreciated. Frank

Attached Files

ALYMAN#1 posted this 06 January 2021

Also NRA firearms assembly pg 310 gives parts and procedures - my copy is from 1993.  You can order a factory  manual from Browning/Winchester for the latest issue rifle by Miroku - I am told parts are metric dimensioned.  some old parts are on e-bay if you need anything.  I recently made some limited repairs to mine if you have specific questions.

Hope it helps Al

Attached Files

ray h posted this 03 January 2021

Wow, how do you guys find sites like that? Thanks

Attached Files

David Reiss posted this 02 January 2021

Here you go:

David Reiss - NRA Life Member & PSC Range Member Retired Police Firearms Instructor/Armorer
-Services: Wars Fought, Uprisings Quelled, Bars Emptied, Revolutions Started, Tigers Tamed, Assassinations Plotted, Women Seduced, Governments Run, Gun Appraisals, Lost Treasure Found.
- Also deal in: Land, Banjos, Nails, Firearms, Manure, Fly Swatters, Used Cars, Whisky, Racing Forms, Rare Antiquities, Lead, Used Keyboard Keys, Good Dogs, Pith Helmets & Zulu Headdresses. .

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Bud Hyett
Close