Want To Buy A .321 Mold

• Last Post 05 April 2022
mashburn posted this 25 March 2022

Hello to all.

I'm in the market for a .321 bullet mold, preferably a GC flat nose mold, but would accept a plain base with a round nose. You can either answer this post or send me an PM if you have one. I prefer a weight of 150 gr. to 180 gr but would consider others.

Thanks,

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
sluggo posted this 25 March 2022

Hi David: I have a lyman no. 319162 mold that i do not use. Let me know if it will work for you. Take care, mike

Attached Files

mashburn posted this 26 March 2022

Hello Mike,

As usual it's good to hear from you. And for some unknown reason, (old age possibly) I can never associate your user name, with your personal  name.

I have looked in both of my old Lyman loading manuals and I can't find a bullet mold with the number of 319162.. Where am I going wrong? Is this mold a GC and what is the nose configuration.

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

Little Debbie posted this 26 March 2022

Its a PB flat nose Loverin type, nominal weight is 185 gr. A very nice bullet for .32-40 and works well in .32 Winchester Special.

Attached Files

mashburn posted this 26 March 2022

Thank you Little Debbie for the information on the mold in question.

Thanks,

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

res45 posted this 26 March 2022

You can find the bullet design on page 4 http://www.three-peaks.net/Lyman_and_Ideal_Bullet_Molds.pdf

'Artisan' in Lead, Brass & Powder.

Attached Files

bdrake71 posted this 02 April 2022

Any standard 8mm bullet mold will work if you have a decent sizing die

Attached Files

mashburn posted this 05 April 2022

Hello bdrake71,

I bought that mold that sluggo notified me of. It is supposed to be one of the better molds for the 8.15X46R cartridge and rifle .And thanks to all of  you who responded to this post.

I'm still in the market for the same type mold, only with a gas check.

Thanks,

Mashburn

David a. Cogburn

Attached Files

Close