Schematic and info needed for a BRNO/CZ ZBK 110

• 1.2K Views
  • Last Post 24 February 2023
loco posted this 20 March 2021

The ZBK is a little single shot in .222 Remington. Got it cheap and so far , worth the money. With jacketed, under 1 MOA at 100. Trigger pull comes in at 8 1/2 pounds though. I want to pull the trigger group and clean up the terrible pull but can’t find a schematic anywhere. There are only two pins on the receiver , both are holding the trigger group. Only one screw , and it is the firing pin retainer. I can only guess that just pulling both pins will drop the trigger group and I can continue with my plans and nothing else needed? BUT....... is there something I’m not seeing that might cause little parts to become airborne if I do this? It does happen. Lol. Any help out there? Thanks in advance,Loco. 

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
MarkinEllensburg posted this 20 March 2021

Pure speculation but it appears to be a break open action. Start by removing the fore-stock and barrel and then the buttstock. Then you might be able to peer into the action to see captured springs that might fly when you drive the pins out.

Attached Files

loco posted this 20 March 2021

Yes it is break open. Tried to remove butt stock today but didn’t have an extension long enough. Off to town tomorrow for a longer extension. That was my hopes...might tell more when it comes off. Just not much info out there for this gun. Looks simple enough but sometimes there are little tricks.....remove trigger assembly with hammer cocked.......or hammer in fired position or etc. Hoping to find a schematic but not getting my hopes up. Thanks. 

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 20 March 2021

I would say just punch out those two pins and see what happens.  

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Ken Campbell Iowa
loco posted this 21 March 2021

Ok. Took the butt stock off and found one more anchor point holding the trigger group on. Two pins and the screw on the back of the receiver , and the trigger group drops right out. Such a simple setup. Was able to reduce trigger pull with a little clean up and polishing. But.... as far as I could tell, no internal parts were hardened , very soft metal. I used the Brownell’s hardening compound to surface harden the trigger and hammer surface. Cheap little project and I hope my info might help someone in the future. Thanks to all in this club for sharing their knowledge of firearms. I for one really appreciate the input. Loco. 

Attached Files

MikeH posted this 06 November 2022

loco:

I'm a new member here.  Your post came up on a "net search" for the ZBK 110.  I have one and it suffers from the same outrageous trigger.  I'd like to get it modified but have been unable to access or remove the trigger group.

Can you tell me how you managed to remove the butt stock (which tools, technique, etc.)?  I've been told that those 110s imported for the US market were designed by Brno with a stock that could not be removed.  Supposedly, the retaining bolt will move only in a clockwise fashion.  Candidly, I don't understand how this could be, but I don't want to damage the stock.  The wood is very nice and I doubt I could replace it.

Appreciate your help.

M

Attached Files

loco posted this 06 November 2022

Hi Mike. On my gun at least,to remove the butstock, I needed a T30 star bit. At first I thought it was an Allen head but is indeed a T30 bolt head. Remove the through bolt,and the stock, then the 1 screw that is on the rear of the receiver. Then simply punch out the two pins holding in the trigger group. Let me know what you find please. Loco

Attached Files

MikeH posted this 07 November 2022

Thanks for the help.  I'll let you know if this works out for me.  Appreciate your time.

Attached Files

Ken Campbell Iowa posted this 07 November 2022

hi guys ... i like to work on triggers and collect trigger stories ...

please pm me with what you find and wound up doing to your triggers.  

FWIW ...  my approach is to first check sear engagemrent ... both angle and overlap ... ( very little change goes a long way ) ... it is not unusual to find sear angles such that pulling the trigger actually cocks the gun a little more before release ... this especially on cheaper 22 rf rifles ...  the Winchester 74 and 190 series comes to mind ...  but also on some military and ...eeek ... expensive factory actions...

resist the temptation to reduce spring pre-loads and rates ...  leave that as last resort and fine tuning.

amazing the tricks that factory lawyers go to to create heavy " safe "  triggers ...  

ken

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • RicinYakima
  • Bud Hyett
MikeH posted this 09 January 2023

The stock came off just as you described with a T30 Torx bit.  I just turned the gun over to my "smith" for the trigger work.  I do appreciate your help.  Many others were unable to advise me on the stock removal.

Attached Files

loco posted this 09 January 2023

Awesome, let us know how the trigger job goes please. Loco

Attached Files

MikeH posted this 24 February 2023

OK, here's the final/final.  My smith confirmed that the metal is on the soft side.  While the receiver itself is nicely machined and finished, all the trigger parts appear to be cast, and it seems there was no attempt to "clean them up".  They are very rough.  As built, the trigger tested at 7.5 lbs.  With stoning and general cleanup, it now registers a consistent 4 lbs.  My smith was not comfortable going any further without checking with me.  I stopped him there.  The "take up" is now smooth and clean, and after you hit the wall, it breaks clean with little over travel.  Essentially, it functions much like a two stage trigger.  I can live with that; I'm used to military style triggers.  And in any case, it's not a serious shooter for me.  It likely will spend most of it's time in the safe.  Thanks again for all the help and direction.

Attached Files

• Liked by
  • Ken Campbell Iowa
Close