New .32 Mold

• Last Post 26 March 2021
pat i. posted this 26 March 2021

Recieved my 31-101e from Tom yesterday. It casts .313 and weighs 101 grains in WWs. I'd like to powder coat this bullet but since it casts .313 and fits my revolvers throats as is, plus I dont have a .313 die, I used LLA and loaded it over 2.5 grains of Bullseye. I really like the meplat on this bullet. Almost a wadcutter without being a wadcutter.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
delmarskid posted this 26 March 2021

You are going to like that. I have one of Tom's @135 grain shaped like that. It shoots very well.

Attached Files

JeffinNZ posted this 26 March 2021

Great for small game.

Cheers from New Zealand

Attached Files

Now all I need to do is find a decent grip for a square butt j frame. Presently I'm using the factory grips with a Tyler T Grip but my finger is a tight fit to the trigger guard and its uncomfortable. I ordered a set of Pachmeyr Gripper grips but I don't care for how big they are or how they look but at least my finger will fit. It's not gonna be a concealed carry gun so the size doesnt matter but theres still the look. I dont want to spend a fortune on a set of grips so maybe I'll have to just ignore how they look and shoot the thing .

Attached Files

Larry Gibson posted this 26 March 2021

Might check out the Farrar Tool Company Uni-Grip.  I have one on my M30 S&W and it is an excellent grip for the RB I & J frame S&Ws.

LMG

Concealment is not cover.........

Attached Files

I dont think that company is around anymore. At least I cant find anything on it. If I had J round butt I'd be swimming in grip choices. The square butt J frames are a whole nother thing. Hogue makes some grips for the square butt but I dont feel like dropping 100 bucks or more for a set.

Attached Files

Probably wont care much for the grips but I do like the bullet.

Attached Files

JimmyDee posted this 26 March 2021

I like the Pachmayr Compac grips on my 3" 31.  Grippers?  Not so much.

Attached Files

Thanks Jim. I ordered both from Amazon and will return the one I like the least.

Attached Files

Close